Welcome new members

Hello! Just bought my first VW van. Owned a 1962 Beetle when I was young, so great to get back into the VW scene. We have 2017 Caravelle LWB that has been kitted out to Exec spec. It's lowered on B14 kit and has 20" Rotiform wheels on it. We have 4 kids so planning to use it for days out as well as our daily driver and may attempt a spot of camping too (obviously not all of us camping in it!)
View attachment 157751
Welcome, good looking bus i think once you've had an early beetle VW is in your blood.

Hey,

Just wanted to say hi before I comment on anything and people think “who’s this?”

Anyway, I’m Al, live up north and will be picking up my 6.1 next week I think, been wanting one for a while now so I’m super excited to make it my own.
Welcome and don’t forget to post up some pics.

Hi all, new to the transporter world. Currently have a 2011 Golf but will be chopping it for a T6 150 panel van over the next few weeks just waiting on VW to do all their prep stuff. Then its onto the conversion. Looking at making it at least mountain bike friendly with a bed so any tips and ideas please send my way!
Based in Birmingham if anyone knows any good places around there for windows etc which will probably be the first installation.

Hi, I'm Chad & finally got myself a 2018 T6 Highline in Deep Black after several months of searching & 14 years of owning the same, trusty Caddy. Still getting used to the different seating position & the MFD & steering wheel functions but loving it all the same.

View attachment 158865
Welcome, smart looking van! Do you have grand plans for it?

Welcome, smart looking van! Do you have grand plans for it?
Not looking to convert etc, been struggling for some time getting everything into my Caddy & usually had to cut up wood in Wickes car park just to make timber fit. Been searching for months for an ex RAC or AA van with no joy, this appeared at the local VW Dealer 3 weeks ago & ticked every box bar a tailgate.

A quick Hello from me. After 20 years of camping, one of our kids leaving home has brought about a renewed search for a VW Camper. We have visited 2 conversion companies this weekend and we feel we have a little bit more knowledge...but a very long way to go!
There will be 2 adults (1 tall, 1 not so much!), 2 teenagers and a spaniel.
Looking forward to the adventure.

Hi
new member here (although I have viewed the forum whilst converting the van)
I set out to keep the van as a general purpose as possible so I could fit bikes,boards etc in the back, it’s also my daily drive. As I suspect most find it’s easy to get carried away therefore I ended up with …..
poptop, heater, solar, swivel seat, awning, small kitchen and bed.
have got a new headunit coming and would like a mfsw then hopefully it will be finished for now
overall it fits my needs perfectly. What does anyone else think?

6808AF64-7059-41FF-9127-507C1F963701.jpeg

FFBD585B-8FD4-4CC3-A4E6-350DB787799C.jpeg

375523CE-B71B-439F-9D6D-9D6CB656C83F.jpeg

08BD05EB-62C0-44C5-8172-BE548AC84794.jpeg

29B37670-A9FE-4B3D-BA25-DFE24F0DCE9E.jpeg

60F6FB5B-6DCA-4D57-9047-962AE72CC541.jpeg

68D0126C-32BA-43A1-B8BF-86C2CA84B468.jpeg

Hi
new member here (although I have viewed the forum whilst converting the van)
I set out to keep the van as a general purpose as possible so I could fit bikes,boards etc in the back, it’s also my daily drive. As I suspect most find it’s easy to get carried away therefore I ended up with …..
poptop, heater, solar, swivel seat, awning, small kitchen and bed.
have got a new headunit coming and would like a mfsw then hopefully it will be finished for now
overall it fits my needs perfectly. What does anyone else think?

View attachment 159579

View attachment 159581

View attachment 159582

View attachment 159583

View attachment 159584

View attachment 159585

View attachment 159586
Welcome to the forum!

Love the look of that, very low-key conversion.

If it does what you want then it's perfect!

Hi All.....
I am an imposter .... I own a 15plate T5.1 2.0 caac dsg twin slider van .... but it has a few issues ... so gonna be fixed up soon with some T6 goodies ...
Looks like my DSG has never been serviced in its life, therefore after 140K, (I've done 20K in it), diff bearings have shagged themselves so the slop and extreme clonk is appearing in the drivetrain and planet gears .. n/s stub in box moves up and down considerably ..... hmm

So I picked a T6 late 17 plate, full 4motion setup, all mechanicals ... DSG box, bevel box, prop shafts, rear haldex w.cradle, front and rear driveshafts ... barely used, from a broken vehicle, not even any oxidisation/dirt on all castings.
So I am hopefully going to be dropping this all in soon, 2wd initially, get that smoothed in, then mount haldex cradle, hopefully wired it up at that point too, as it can be coded then and put into 4mo..... all sounds relatively simple .... except it'll be done on the floor on my back.... !

Any info on the gen5 haldex wiring back to ecu and modules associated would be helpful, as I will be asking and do need a little help,
I have etka, I have elsawin too, but the current flows are all in german, which is no good for a delinquant like me ....
If anyone has 2017 T6 4motion wiring from 5 pin plug on the loom to the ECU plug, pins too, (I have no locker on the haldex, whic makes it a little easier..) please let me know..?
Yeah googles your friend, but not good if it doesnt hold your answers ... so it aint that clever is it...

I think I can do the long coding ok for ecu, I am unsure what other modules need tweaking, ABS does, but possible after Address 22 is set up in ecu long code..?
all thoughts are welcome please ..

Thanks in advance and well done for reading my dribble ....... rolla

Evening everybody.

Been looking round on here for a few weeks now and had another van to sell before I could fully commit to getting started on the Shuttle I’d bought recently. I’ve fitted black side bars, roof bars and a pair of black cross bars (from Leighton vans which is only twenty minutes from me) a couple of weekends ago. After selling last van (3.5V6 Nissan Elgrand XL) the buyer didn’t want the 175W solar panel, Nemo DC to DC charger and 200Ah LiFePO4 I’d fitted on it so I took all this off and installed panel last weekend on the Shuttle and temporarily located the battery on the rear nearside this weekend and ran a 12v USB outlet as well.

Been considering what to do regards ‘conversion’ as we want similar to what we had in the Elgrand: rear row of seats folded flat and middle row were captain style so they spun and also folded flat to create two beds. With contour of seats we had to use self inflating mattresses to make sleeping comfortable. I’d then made a pod that lifted out of back of van which has a slide out compressor fridge (toploader) and CAN FL1401 double burner and sink. The pod also has a switch panel that connects via a bespoke extension cable and an Anderson connector to get power from the Lithium battery. We’ll use this temporarily (DIY pod) until we make final decision on its replacement (Vangear, Slidepod or similar - don’t want a side kitchen). We’ve committed today to a Rib 130 Slider from Banwy as I want to fit myself. I’d considered the Van King, Fourty Wings, Ovano, Slidepod and similar for the bed that fixed via lashing points but wanted to keep proper travel seats in the back.

I was then considering a rail system looking at and shortlisting the Reimo Variotech 3000 with bonded rails, Clearcut Campervans Rib Glidemotion, the Uberbus Flux, and a few others (Cambee and Crystal Custom Campers). I’d also got a quote from VW Dealership Parts Dept for Caravelle rails to fit myself and use them for a self build system. I’ve also got some good information from BraunAbility on their Unwin rails and seat leg mechanisms for sliding / locking in their rail systems.

Looking at the Rib 150 over this last weekend, the measurements were just too tight to not have to start either removing or modifying the rear internal quarter panels. As you probably know, the internal Shuttle panels protrude beyond the wheel arches and I want to maintain integrity - not drilling or cutting the interior panels. Although the drawings on the Banwy site for the 150 Rib bed showed that technically the bed could fit, without committing to buying it and trying it, I just didn’t fancy taking the risk. I had done a number of searches to see if anyone had bought and fitted a Rib 150 and fitted it into a Shuttle without having to modify the internal panels but couldn’t find anything. I’ll probably find a load of examples now I’ve committed and bought the 130 Rib slider (today). My intention is to bolt the Rib 130 slider in for a few festivals I’ve got this year and then see how we get on with it regards storage and generally just how we use the van.

I’ll probably relocate the Lithium battery under the Rib seat once the bed’s installed and this was one of reasons I moved away from a rail system; to allow battery to be stored underneath it and possibly a drawer style fridge and I’m now going with a fixed bed. I am considering replacing the flooring in the rear for a solid floor but I do like the plush carpet when you’re kneeling doing any work in there. Recommendations suggest doing the floor before fitting the bed but we’ll see. If the bed becomes unworkable for us as a fixed system, I reckon I’ll be able to make it into a sliding system. I am surprised no one’s come up with a system that has a direct fitment for the Kombi/Shuttle quick release floor brackets. If I wasn’t as busy at work I’d look to see if I could adapt a Rib bed into something that used the existing floor fixings.

Anyway, I’ll likely post a few pictures of progress especially if I learn anything that I haven’t seen already on here / YouTube.

Cheers

Jenxfive

A6508677-6C1A-4145-9ED1-095D96B85677.jpeg

ABAF80AF-4E86-44A2-AC70-BFACEFFA52B7.jpeg

New to vw and vans - but loving it already! Even a trip to shops is adventure.
this is Barry (named by the kids and fiancée) - just before we had a deer jump our on us (the second time we took him out!). patched him up but will need a new front end shortly!

D3600019-B501-4A70-B87E-6C00DFBE9759.jpeg

D50310C0-336B-4082-BFEA-78C8A60BB42C.jpeg

A place for new members to stop by and say hello, tell us what your driving or planning to drive & anything else you want to share.

If you wish to post a question or discuss something specific please visit the appropriate sub forum. You may find your question has already been ask, so a search is always recommended.

If you wish to sell or place a wanted advert within our classified sub-forum, then you’ll need to upgrade your free account to a VIP account by clicking here.

The forum rules can be found by clicking here whilst FAQ’s on using the forum can be found here.
Good morning. I've just joined having bought my T6 on Monday. Cmplete novive to motorhomes, so looking forward to some great advice.

Back