Welcome new members

Morning All,

We have just secured our first van after wanting one for years. Wish we had done it before COVID but there ya go...We got one now. We do quite a bit of camping and it was starting to become a struggle in my estate car with roof box. Then we also got a dog so there goes a seat in the car. Anyway...all that is going to be a thing of the past when we pick our new motor up!

2017 SWB T6 Kombi Sportline DSG 204
96B6D9FE-2B4C-40AC-B341-345D3B723EB1_1_201_a.jpeg

Hi All,

I've used this forum on a many occasions looking for solutions or advice, thought I'd join up now. Take advantage of the wealth of knowledge available !!

I bought my bus last May and have modded it over the past few months, love the 'swamper' look, do a lot of MTB'ing and Hiking so this is the perfect van for me, '68 plate Startline, camper converted, poptop, DRL's, rear LED's and SQ indicators, dropped 40mm (considering taking it back up though) 17" KMC Holeshots with BFG AT's

Only 4k on the clock when I bought it... has 11k on it now... I love it.

Looking to add a solar panel, extra LB, inverter etc, make it a little more 'off grid'

And hoping to install a Planar Diesel heater next month.

Any advice on these two upgrades greatly appreciated !!

VeeDubMud.jpg

More pics on my Instagram~ @vee.dubber

Hi All,

I've used this forum on a many occasions looking for solutions or advice, thought I'd join up now. Take advantage of the wealth of knowledge available !!

I bought my bus last May and have modded it over the past few months, love the 'swamper' look, do a lot of MTB'ing and Hiking so this is the perfect van for me, '68 plate Startline, camper converted, poptop, DRL's, rear LED's and SQ indicators, dropped 40mm (considering taking it back up though) 17" KMC Holeshots with BFG AT's

Only 4k on the clock when I bought it... has 11k on it now... I love it.

Looking to add a solar panel, extra LB, inverter etc, make it a little more 'off grid'

And hoping to install a Planar Diesel heater next month.

Any advice on these two upgrades greatly appreciated !!

View attachment 143023

More pics on my Instagram~ @vee.dubber
Welcome to the forum @Keifdogg! Very nice looking van you have there....loving the look. Wheel/tyre combo fills the arches well...what size tyres you running? :thumbsup:

Welcome to the forum @Keifdogg! Very nice looking van you have there....loving the look. Wheel/tyre combo fills the arches well...what size tyres you running? :thumbsup:
Hi @Ricardo T

Thanks mate, I was a bit worried beforehand, but took some advice from this forum and used ’willtheyfit.com’ and settled on 245-65-17 …I do get a slight rub on full lock, but even when fully weighted, with family, awning camping gear and a fridge full of beer… it doesn’t seem to be an issue. Really torn between taking it back up to standard or even higher, but not sure. Certainly need the shocks replacing, the ride is quite firm… B14’s or Konas… is another thread I’ve been following. 4F1CC572-1268-4575-AEF2-2662011D7536.jpegF97594D5-E2D7-4BEE-8767-76E153DB024F.jpeg140F96BD-E87E-4064-AD8D-6813D60B1B35.jpeg

2A1B4E54-39D0-4C85-856D-6D0EFA69B4D7.jpeg

7C91FA12-35F5-4E82-8B0F-9A86A116E401.jpeg

04805600-B488-47E4-87C7-A9B78BCEA0D9.jpeg

DF304285-A89D-47E6-88FC-7ECE4AB5C188.jpeg

No idea why a pic of my family and my Ridgemonkey decided to post itself there !!
I didnt do that !! Obviously a nooob… sorry!!
Haha :)
I've seen that van with that graphic on somewhere before but for the life of me cant think where.

Hi all,

New to the forums and vans. About to place a deposit on a t6.1 swb next week, which will have a full conversion for camps.

Bought a tent last year and loved getting away but with 2 large dogs we have to play Tetris each time with the boot and footwells, and every time we have been it’s always been terrible rain overnight and packing the tent down wet so very much looking forward to avoiding all that and a little more comfort!

Evening all,

Newbie here, go by the name of Uncle Tashie, some call me Unc, others Tash and some, well I can't say.

I drive a '19 plate T6 for work, not really seen many with the specs of mine outside of where I work. It's a TDi LWB 4motion with twin side loaders and a tailgate.

Its not what I would have chosen but hay, it was ordered by someone that isn't me.

Anyway, hope your all well and I'll be lurking reading through the FAQs and for sale threads for bits and pieces of information and items for the van as I'll be keeping this one for the next 2-3years.

Have a good one

UncleTashie

Back