Welcome new members

Hi, I have been on the forum for a few weeks while I was looking for a van.
I feel I can now introduce myself, as I am now a VW owner and the van is on my drive!
I live in Stourbridge and have been wanting an Overlander vehicle for years, up to now it has been a Discovery and a caravan.
Its taken a week to sort the finance and will take a few more to change the private plate but at least I now have possession of it.
Its a 2017 T6 SWB 4Motion with a Status 1 Automotive conversion in it. Its been lifted 35mm, has 17” Wheels and BF Goodrich KO2 tyres.
It is pretty well specced but I plan to improve the camper and get it more expedition ready.
This forum is a superb resource and I love how when I google a T6 question, it brings me back here!
Cheers

View attachment 143907
That is an absolute stunner mate. Looks like a beast. My kind of Dub that !!

Hi everyone,
Newb to the Transporter world here.
I'm picking up my T6 Kombi LWB next week (hopefully).
I'm looking forward to being a part of the dub community again.
Previously I've had, a Mk1 Caddy, Mk1 Golf Gti, Mk1 Polo Derby and a Corrado.
:cool:

e05857cc-d104-493d-bcab-4bb843efc5de.jpg

e908d220-5875-4ea2-9b3f-55e227b73a7b.jpg

Last edited:
Hi guys!
Last week I ordered a new Transporter T6.1 SWB in Ascot Grey. If everything goes well, the delivery will take place this summer.
I am going to build a bench/sliding bed like the "Torridon" from the Ply Guys. Does somebody has got some reviews from the Ply Guys? Somebody got some tips? I will carpet the walls and ceiling.
For the outside I am planning to go for a gentle swamperlook. I like the Fuel Zephyr rims. I think I won't change the suspension so I am looking for a rim/tyre combo that will fit. Does somebody have some advice?
Looking forward to it!
Thanks

Hi,
Another noob. Picked up our T6 yesterday, no manual on board.
Tried to hop on here (T6 - T6 Owners Manual) to grab the online version - but apparently I dont have permission. Anyone know how to overcome that? Or do I just need to spam loads of posts till my initiation is over?
Some features are only available to VIP members. VIP membership comes with a yearly fee (but well worth it for the additional help that it provides) that goes towards the costs for the forums upkeep.

A quick search will find the relevant information to join.

No your correct, prices seem to be going up. Watch a caravan sales guy on YouTube who say prices went up £700 last month on used vans

Yep, I'm going to be selling a T6 Kombi very shortly, so I've been watching the prices & they dipped a bit at Christmas but going back up.

I've got a really good trade-in price from the dealer I'm getting the new van from, so know they will add a chunk on. It's already "sit down & need a stiff drink" territory. Mind you, they laughed at the idea of a discount on the new one & I've paid less for actual houses.

I managed to get a good discount on my new van ordered last March, but still don't know when i'm getting it! :rolleyes:
It cost me more than double what my first house cost.....but at least I did know when I was going to get it. :rofl:

Morning all, just joined and about to start my first conversion - I have just purchased a T6.1 Highline Panel Van ... had 3 T5 Kombis previously but had to sell my last one a few years ago due to HMRC case with Coca Cola. Work in the Automotive sector (although not technical) so lucky enough to spend a little time in VW's head office in Milton Keynes on various projects ... including with Commercial Vehicles. Hopefully will be able to get some advice and help with my conversion from some of the more seasoned 'converters' ... nice to meet you all. Simon

Morning all, just joined and about to start my first conversion - I have just purchased a T6.1 Highline Panel Van ... had 3 T5 Kombis previously but had to sell my last one a few years ago due to HMRC case with Coca Cola. Work in the Automotive sector (although not technical) so lucky enough to spend a little time in VW's head office in Milton Keynes on various projects ... including with Commercial Vehicles. Hopefully will be able to get some advice and help with my conversion from some of the more seasoned 'converters' ... nice to meet you all. Simon
nice to meet yo
we have only just got into campervaning but great life we like wild camping. plus we are doing the atlantic way in may for 5 weeks.
but found out deep pockets are needed

Good Evening all, we are new to the VW scene and just bought a VW Transporter T6 204 bhp 2021 which
is currently having a camper conversion carried out by Revolution Campers, but we have many questions we need to ask re larger wheels 19ins or 20 ins tyres and what will fit what looks good, etc etc. just one of many questions to ask !
This is only our second camper, we recently returned our MB Marco Polo to the dealership due to many reasons ! so we are novices at this, so any and all information will be greatly received.

Reactions: CAB
Hello all! New to the forum and looking forward to getting our van converted in the near future.

Here is the van just after collection:

Untitled picture.png

T6 140 T32 6 Speed Manual 4 Motion
67K miles
Climate control
Cruise control
Heated screen & mirrors
Android Auto
Momo wheels
12 month dealer warranty.

Would have preferred tail lift rather than barn doors, but nice looked after example, so hopefully a good base vehicle for the conversion!

Conversion booked to be done in around 5 weeks:

Storm Pop Top Roof
Roof Bed On Gas Struts
Full Carpet Lining
Insulation
Altro Vinyl Floor
Varta Leisure Battery
240v Power Hookup
Sliding Table
Front & Rear Kickboards
x4 Super-Bright LED Lights
Curtains For Up To 3 Windows
Waeco Fridge
Smev Sink
Webasto Diesel Hob
Webasto Diesel Heater
Water Pump & Bottles
Staron Solid Surface Worktop
Above Sink & Bed Storage
Flexible Map Reading Light
Rear Speakers
Detachable Tow Bar
Roof Colour Coding
Reimo Active Roof Rails
N/S/F Fixed Window
O/S/F Opening Window
Barn Door Windows
Reimo Bed On Rails In Simora
Solar Panel
Pendle Performance Remap

Can't wait - looking to sell our old T25 if anyone is interested!!

Back