Welcome new members

Hello!
Just joined as we have just received our T6 converted by the excellent The Campervan factory. Basic T30 startline with a Pendle remap. Have had a T4 for the past decade that I converted myself. Love him to bits! Looking forward to a similar relationship with this beaut.
Not even been for a proper drive in her yet. Very excited.
(Yes, the T4 was a boy (called Jane!!) this one a girl called Midori, no idea why!)

View attachment 108909
Had my T6 for one week,pleased so far. It was converted by Campervan Factory.

Hello all,
I have been VW fan for a while - as has my best mate - finally have some money to start the campervan project. Hopefully you lovely people will help make this a successful venture!

Hello everybody! After years of dithering we finally did it. Car's getting sold and pick up my first full conversion van next weekend - here to pick up tips on how to make the most of it...

Hi everyone, I've been wandering around the forum for a few weeks now and having taken delivery of my van on Friday last week I thought I'd break cover and say hello.

My van is a New Wave / Status 1 collaboration, converted from a 2021 6.1 Indium Grey T28 Highline and I love it. This is my first van and I'm going to town on it. It's booked in with Steve @CRS Performance to be lowered a little (Koni Dampers, H&R Springs and ARBs) to go with the 17" Black Rhino Overlands / Goodyear Vector 4 Season Gen-3 wheels.

I'll post a shot from New Wave of the interior, which I love, and will follow up with my own photos once I get a chance to take some. I'm definitely joining Team Indium Grey if they'll have me!

Inside.jpg

Hi six! Omg your bus looks awesome!!
Get more pics on when you can as we all love pictures!
Welcome to the forum btw!!

Nice nearly went for this type of layout. Be interested how much room you have with seat forwards
@Debbiedt6 There's plenty of room given this is a SWB... The picture shows the seats where we would normally have them, with the mattress topper on the shelf behind the seats. New Wave use an OEM California bed and rails but modify them to fit on the correct side of the van for a conversion.

There are some notable differences to the fitment as the rails are positioned about 20cm (I think) further forward than those in a California which means more rear van space when required. I know a mountain bike fits without the front wheel needing to be removed... I've not tried this in my van but I have seen it in another New Wave van. The other neat difference is that the shelf behind the rear seat is made of bedding slats rather than being solid. This makes the bed super comfy and they can be removed, rolled-up and bagged should I want to push the seats all the way to the back of the van.

@Debbiedt6 There's plenty of room given this is a SWB... The picture shows the seats where we would normally have them, with the mattress topper on the shelf behind the seats. New Wave use an OEM California bed and rails but modify them to fit on the correct side of the van for a conversion.

There are some notable differences to the fitment as the rails are positioned about 20cm (I think) further forward than those in a California which means more rear van space when required. I know a mountain bike fits without the front wheel needing to be removed... I've not tried this in my van but I have seen it in another New Wave van. The other neat difference is that the shelf behind the rear seat is made of bedding slats rather than being solid. This makes the bed super comfy and they can be removed, rolled-up and bagged should I want to push the seats all the way to the back of the van.
Cool hope you enjoy it

I’ve been lurking on the forum for a while and have to say the information and knowledge is second to none. Hoping to get a T6 LWB Kombi in the new year which will be used for work though would like to lower and change the wheels without changing that image too much.

Back