Welcome new members

Hi all,

Long-time (8+ years) T5 owner but considering a T6. Been lurking for a couple of days and seems a good place – I can see the amount of work that’s been done getting the forum on the go (virtual beer for @Pauly).

Current van - when we bought it (2008):
3781658786_aea45d5e5c_b.jpg

Current van – now:
28764865632_278bd583c8_b.jpg

And yes I’m still a lurker on ANOTHER FORUM but having young kids somewhat limit posting opportunities.

New T6 purchase still might not happen as I’m really attached to our T5! But we’re seriously considering starting afresh with a ‘day van’ conversion: basically our version of a Kombi but with a Caravelle seat on rails. Will be my everyday transport too. We’ve got 2 x kids and would prefer them seated closer to the front with a separate cargo area behind for the bikes. Financially it’s not worth adapting our current van so looking at other options.

No other van appeals despite the potential financial saving – just love T5s and nothing else is comparable, so I hope to stick around :)
Ally

Hi all,

Long-time (8+ years) T5 owner but considering a T6. Been lurking for a couple of days and seems a good place – I can see the amount of work that’s been done getting the forum on the go (virtual beer for @Pauly).

Current van - when we bought it (2008):
3781658786_aea45d5e5c_b.jpg

Current van – now:
28764865632_278bd583c8_b.jpg

And yes I’m still a lurker on ANOTHER FORUM but having young kids somewhat limit posting opportunities.

New T6 purchase still might not happen as I’m really attached to our T5! But we’re seriously considering starting afresh with a ‘day van’ conversion: basically our version of a Kombi but with a Caravelle seat on rails. Will be my everyday transport too. We’ve got 2 x kids and would prefer them seated closer to the front with a separate cargo area behind for the bikes. Financially it’s not worth adapting our current van so looking at other options.

No other van appeals despite the potential financial saving – just love T5s and nothing else is comparable, so I hope to stick around :)
Ally
Hi Ally, bit of a long shot, but was the bottom pic taken in Scotland by any chance?

*edit*, by your avi I'm guessing you are Scottish! Is the pic taken alonside Prestwick airport?

Close - Edinburgh Airport. Easy access at Ingliston market, the kids love having a picnic watching the planes :)

Avatar - yeah a bit of a giveaway. The sporran is actually a chainring, I'm a keen mountain-biker!

Reactions: CRD
Hi there Loz here..

I have a T6 california 204 DSG 4motion Blackberry on order.

I also have a Full VCDS should anyone need to drop in and make use of it I'm in Berkeley (Glos.) area.

Hi there Loz here..

I have a T6 california 204 DSG 4motion Blackberry on order.

I also have a Full VCDS should anyone need to drop in and make use of it I'm in Berkeley (Glos.) area.

Hi @Loz, welcome aboard. Your pretty local to me (Cirencester), we have friends in lower stone so might take you up on the offer at some point re VCDS...... Although I'm not too sure I fully understand all that side of things if I'm honest!!

Hopefully trying to sort out heading to the Berkeley Castle VW show on 25th Sept..... Might see you there!?!

Ok, Im going to show my naivety a bit here... didn't really get the fact that it costs someone to host a forum. Kinda passed me by. Sorry!

What are we talking to set something like this up? I guess a donation goes towards some running and maintenance costs or a third party for hosting the website?

Would like to find out a bit more please.

Thanks. ;)

It is a great forum, but it don't come for free. @Pauly has done a brilliant job but it's cost him in his pocket..... I'd encourage all active users to help support the ongoing running of the forum by making a small donation.

Just a small nudge from me!! ;):whistle:

Hi BigB , this is probably not the place to discuss this in detail but several hundred £s setup cost then smaller monthly fees for email and server hosting and the like
This why we added the paypal donate setup but TBH this goes back into the forum as flyers for shows, member stickers, shop stock etc etc plus a few things yet to be released - if you want more feel free to PM me :)

Thanks @Pauly - didn't necessarily want financial specifics. It's a significant outlay though and I wonder how many other people don't realise the costs involved.

Hopefully many users will make a contribution if they understand what's involved - especially as it's such a good forum.

Keep up good work. My donation to follow.

Hi BigB , this is probably not the place to discuss this in detail but several hundred £s setup cost then smaller monthly fees for email and server hosting and the like
This why we added the paypal donate setup but TBH this goes back into the forum as flyers for shows, member stickers, shop stock etc etc plus a few things yet to be released - if you want more feel free to PM me :)

Looks superb. And also another who's interested to here details of your internal bike rack (nice bike too - my DHing days are behind me, lost the nerve lol).

@BigBarn @a11y Haha mine too - but my son loves it. He think's it his race van! I'm hoping I can get 3 more in there.

This it the item - really pleased with it. Will be sending the seller more pictures once we have more bikes in!

VW T5/T6 BIKE MOUNT/CARRIER/RACK

And I'm using a mix of brackets so I can get the handlebars at different heights.

Once I have more bikes in I will post some more picture for you!

Just a quick hello from myself to everyone on here, I'm no stranger to the Transporter van as I'm about to collect my 4th version of this van when I get my T6 on Monday
Looking forward to picking up some info from you guys

Pete

Hello one and all,

Have been lurking and reading a little while and seriously looking at purchasing my first VW so signing up seemed the right thing to do. Im fancying a T6 Kombi with minimal mods as amount of stuff we seem to carry at a weekends to our static increases exponentially as my daughter grows, I may look to convert to a camper as I-progresses but will see what happens.

Waiting for a quote from VW Van Centre in Dewsbury on a 150 Kombi T32 Highline which seems to be the one to go for and I can just about justify thought the business so watch this space, decision time is near, I will update as things progress.

Stu

Back