Webasto Thermo & Comfort

AdL

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Hello

My Van has a sticker which says 'Webasto Thermo & Comfort' on the door pillar. I understand that this is something to do with pre-heating or rapidly heating the engine cooling circuit in cold weather. But can anyone explain (in simple terms) what / why VW installed this? I don't want to know how to upgrade it or control it or modify it - just what was the original intention and how can I tell that it is doing anything? There don't seem to be any controls in the Cab.

Thanks

Last edited:
@mmi have you got one of these?
Yes, but unlike the UK version, mine is with all the controls in the cabin.

But can anyone explain (in simple terms) what / why VW installed this?
Ok, first the smartarse answer - the basic van does not have the heater so it was a specifically ordered option to the van. It seems that most of the T6 in the UK do not have the option. Based on my collection of T6 configurations (VCDS configuration scans) well below 10% of the vans have the heater in the UK.

The second answer - the heater warms up the coolant entering cabin heat exchanger thus siginificantly expediting cabin warm up in cold temperatures (below +5C).

If interested to see the difference - remove fuse SC46 to disable the heater (T6 from November 2017 onwards).

So we saying it's automatic?

No user control?

Sweet... That makes sense.

How much the option.?

I just want to compliment.
Generally speaking AUX HEATER is installed by default on a passenger vehicle(particularly 7 seats or more -> when larger volume of air requires warm up in the cold weather).

Worth to mention is that once you have AUX HEATER onboard it is quite simple exercise to get it upgraded to a full PARKING HEATER with a programmable timer and remote controller.

Thanks folks. Weather colder now so will see if it works. Only had the van since August so not tested yet.

Good morning. I'm new to the forum. I have a 2016 T6 150cv. I installed the Webasto Thermo Evo Top heater. I want to upgrade to a parking heater with remote control and the ability to program it. Which kit do you recommend for the upgrade? Has anyone already done this type of upgrade? Thanks for any information. Greetings from little Slovenia

IMG-20220106-WA0005.jpg

Back