Water Tank - internal or external?

Leisure parts UK sell them in a kit form.
Basicly 27ltr.
1 x inlet
1 x overflow
1 x outlet
1 x drain point.
Take 1hr to fit..

Leisure Parts UK (ask for Steve).

Cheers just ordered the kit.

About £375 posted. Also includes the pump etc. I just phoned him up, his mobile number is on the website.

Looked through the receipt today and the tank is only £90 + vat. It's all the other bits that make it add up to that. There's a shower attachment included that I probably won't use which was £50!

@Fish do you need to cut the brace bar out to fit the tank?

Looked through the receipt today and the tank is only £90 + vat. It's all the other bits that make it add up to that. There's a shower attachment included that I probably won't use which was £50!

@Fish do you need to cut the brace bar out to fit the tank?

Yes mate, I used my dermel to cut through and then de-burr the cut edge.
Then I have throughly cleaned and de-greased before applying dynamat(obviously).
Then stuck some 9mm closed foam insulation onto the panel.

Cut holes in the bottom for pipework, ensure you consider how/what you will stand the tank on as the pipe outlets are on the bottom.

Thanks @Fish have you drilled straight through the floor for the drain pipe? The feed for the pump won't be too bad as I'll rest the tank on some bonded wood.

Thanks @Fish have you drilled straight through the floor for the drain pipe? The feed for the pump won't be too bad as I'll rest the tank on some bonded wood.

I have spent hours checking and rechecking.. as under the cill is a bit of chassis.. so need to avoid that.. from where it sits, I drill everything towards B pillar..then sat the tank on some 2 inch plastic pipe with all feeds in and out inside that.. if that makes sense?

I have spent hours checking and rechecking.. as under the cill is a bit of chassis.. so need to avoid that.. from where it sits, I drill everything towards B pillar..then sat the tank on some 2 inch plastic pipe with all feeds in and out inside that.. if that makes sense?

@Fish how is your water tank install coming along?

Just about to start mine so would be great. Modded the level sensor today so ready to go.

This internal hole is approx 800mm from rear jack point on LWB.
Green spray marks the underside hole closest.. drill yiur holes in approriate places foe your drain and outlet.

20180701_203516.jpg

20180701_203538.jpg

20180701_203543.jpg

Thanks Fish, that handy to know, i've got to get around to drilling these holes to install my waste water tank

@Fish are you feeding the outlet pipe out through the floor and back in? I was going to try and get a 90 degree elbow to have the outlet pipe under the tank but inside the van.

Yeah a 10mm? Elbow direct onto tank the to water pump then onto sink tap.

Funny you should say that.. I was putting the photos together last night to try and do a little explanation of what I have done.
@Fish have tou got anymore info now this is done?
If it’s not a griefy job then I’d go for an internal fresh tank over the centre-chassis tank. An offside tank appears to be out of the question now - the Propex installed has run the gas pipes right down the middle of the cill so I don’t think a tank would fit now.

Few thinks to note..
1. It is a tight fit and has to be as there are no fixing points, so relies on being a snug fit(unless you foam it in place).
2. Lowest outlet point(for tap) has to be on a 90° elbow to work,therefore needs to be supported on blocks(allowing room for pipe work.
3. The outlet drain point doesn't line up with the bunged hole and the pipe size won't bent to said bung. (I havent used this and rely on the pump to drain tank).
4. The inlet is also very tight and also requires 90° elbow behind the top webbing structure.
5. There is no level sensor, the guys I bought it from rely on the overflow pipe as an indicator.. pants IMO. So put a CBE probe in,see my build thread).
6. All fittings supplied are push fit fittings, these work on pressure to seal joints.. consider that the tank is gravity based and work with compression is possible.
7. I have most of the supplied fittings left over as they didnt work for my use.
8. The drain and outlet are imperial sizes.. so they supplied flex hose and jubilee clips to secure.
9. Mine works perfect but sometime alittle head scratch..

Back