Water Leak From Rear Spoiler?

Minimucks

T6 Guru
So my van has gone into VW for a few warranty niggles. One being water in the tailgate. They seem to think that it's not the typical high level brake light and that it's the fixings on the genuine spoiler.

I was led to believe they are bonded on and can't imagine there being any concealed fixings on it.

Has anyone ever heard of this?

They seem to think removing it and replacing it for a new one will fix it.

Any wisdom on the subject would be much appreciated

Cheers

If it helps..my rear spoiler was stuck on and had to be refitted as it was lifting on one side 6 months later....there was a thread on the forum regarding leaking top brake light...try search bar

seems the stealers have got it wrong perhaps.......umm:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Ps....Look at tailgate leaking water dated 8 th April 2018

If it has been fitted as per instructions you need to drill 2 holes for threaded dowels and inserts, can't see them getting the spoiler off without damage if so.

If it has been fitted as per instructions you need to drill 2 holes for threaded dowels and inserts, can't see them getting the spoiler off without damage if so.

Yes that's my thoughts. Things normally come back worse once they've been messed around with.

Update. VW have agreed to replace the spoiler under warranty along with the faulty headlight which condenses up and heated windscreen which has a strip of bad elements.

Let's hope they don't butcher it too much in the process.

Back