Reimo Roof: Leak around Strap Bars

crazymumtoem

Hi there Happy New year to all.

I wonder if anyone has had the same problem and if so, what they did about it.
We have a leak which seems to be located around the Strap Bars attached to the Roof Part. (the little metal brackets where you thread the straps.) I put a picture attached of what i mean. We have a Reimo front elevating roof.
We seem to have lately (occasionally) started to get drips on our heads from these brackets. The question i have is do you think the water is coming through from the fixings on the top of the roof or maybe could it be traveling in from the side perhaps and simply just dripping off these brackets. The fabric on the roof around the brackets can get a bit damp. Enough that we need to dry it. The fixings on the top of the roof look intact from what I can see.

Some extra info.

We have been all over the roof and made sure that the canvas is tucked in all round properly.
When i lift the roof i have been known to pull the straps to close the roof down I’m only 5ft 1 and can’t reach the handles (could I have damaged the fixings)
When i tighten the straps up I do pull them very tight could I have over done it. (for info I’m not exactly delicate and have been know to be heavy handed) so says the husband anyway ; O)

If anyone has any ideas, I would be grateful.

Thanks very much

Nicky

strap bars.PNG

ch seems to be located around the Strap Bars attached to the Roof Part. (the little metal brackets where you thread the straps.) I put a picture attached of what i mean. We have a Reimo front elevating roof.
We seem to have lately (occasionally) started to get drips on our heads from these brackets. The question i have is do you think the water is coming through from the fixings on the top of the roof or maybe could it be traveling in from the side perhaps and simply just dripping off these brackets. The fabric on the roof around the brackets can get a bit damp. Enough that we need to dry it. The fixings on the top of the roof look intact from what I can see.

Some extra info.

We have been all over the roof and made sure that the canvas is tucked in all round properly.
When i lift the roof i have been known to pull the straps to close the roof down I’m only 5ft 1 and can’t reach the handles (could I have damaged the fixings)
When i tighten the straps up I do pull them very tight could I have over done it. (for info I’m n
I have a Reimo pop top and I have a leak via the solar cable at the rear center, from reading the forums the roof rails seam to be a common problem, I am going to try and remove and reseal the rails.

Also reading on other forums, there have been cased of the tie down fixing coming loose so the seal isnt as good on top, remove reseal and tighten.

Last edited:
So it wasnt the Roof bars the the Reimo flush Solar panel is leaking, I have run a bead of sikflex around it for now.

Back