Warranty and breakdown cover

Dieseldonkey

150 DSG Shuttle Conversion
VIP Member
T6 Legend
Having bought the van second-hand and not from a VW dealer can someone confirm that the standard VWCV warranty is 3 years. Is it restricted to a mileage?

Also how long to you get VW assist / breakdown cover for. Thanks

Doesnt matter if you bought it new or second hand the warranty is the same, 3 years including roadside assistance

You get VW assist for three years. Not sure on commercials but many spotted the "secret" warranty extension - proper factory warrant for 5 years; mileage is restricted but plenty for most. Cost £380. I don't think it extends VW assist but as we discovered in Spain and again in the UK, it's almost as good as pointless. The AA needs to lose the contract sharpish. The RAC did a much better job.

The previous T5.1 warranty extension (basically insurance) was the worst I have ever come across; £1650, a £2500 per claim limit. Oh dear....

just been looking at the AA cover info , had a previous call out with my t5.1 in south of france when RAC had contract ( although uk reg AA van came ? ) but they were sound. New AA info doesn't sound so good , lots of " entirely at our discretion " . Could also upgrade the RAC cover to completely cover caravan if it developed a fault . Thinking of keeping my RAC cover but £200 a year for euro with caravan.
How bad was call out in spain ?

Doesnt matter if you bought it new or second hand the warranty is the same, 3 years including roadside assistance
hi pauly can you throw me any light on my warranty on my van I bought it just over two months ago its march 2018 so theres about 14 months left on it, iv got the first service receipt at vw on 9/11/18 at 19.857 miles ,then it was done by another garage not a vw one on 25/10/19 ate 45.857 miles for oil chane 91 pounds .im just wondering if by them using a non vw garage does it void the warranty at all .im not sure how it works iv got the receipt for it but plob don't show up on vw site .iv never ad one up to date motor to think about the warranty .thank you

Independent garages can service the vehicle without affecting warranty as long as genuine parts are used and the garage is VAT registered but an oil change only does not constitute a service, the VW service regime must be followed ie air filter/pollen filter etc etc

thank you surpose the only way id know anything is if I ring the garage but there plob say its ok so I don't know, the garage are vat registered as they charged 76 plus the vat so the warranty might be void on the van by sounds of it just my luck ,and thanks again steve

Hi Guys ,
I am having B14,s fitted on all four corners next week at vanstyle, my t6 has 9 months warranty left and has full vw service history. Will the modification effect my 3 year warranty

Back