VW Van Centre Speeding and Damage

I've heard that the local Mercedes dealership to me has a set route for test drives now, so you'd think technicians would have a set route for road testing vehicles they are repairing.

My lads recently had a new engine fitted in his Land Rover Disco and the mechanic from work actually took his car home for about 2 weeks inc weekend's. Came back with split in his front tyre (3mths old), 2 chips in the side of the alloy and several scratches on several panels. Even took it home without the knowledge of the device manager. Apprently the mechanics often take them home for extended road tests. The service manager said no one has ever had a problem with this but then maybe not everyone sees your car turn into the road past you, and thrash it down the road. Was offered £300 goodwill gesture, to drop the complaint(bribe/blackmail) but my lad told them to stuff it. All repairs have been rectified but still waiting the outcome of the complaint. No it wasn't a Land Rover dealer, it was Stonacre Liverpool.

I used to work for a main dealer and know 'a man' that along with his mate used to pick up customers cars to bring in for service work.
They picked a car up this one morning and raced each other back to the dealership like they did every other day .
On route they noticed they were joined by a very angry driver of another car trying to overtake them and then jump on his achours .
Anyway they managed to ditch the guy and get back to the garage unscathed.
Only to be called straight into the dealer principles office ....apparently the husband of the car that they'd collected had seen his wifes car being driven like it was stolen and had given chase .
4 wheels off over a humpback bridge apparently wasnt viewed as quite so impressive by the husband .
Long story short ....both employees were 'let go' ....dunno what happened re the owner of the car .

Back