vw t6 floor pan captive nuts ?

rudestew

Electrical Inspector
T6 Pro
guys iv removed the single seat and replaced with a double passenger , lifted the mat and there are holes but no nuts in the floor pan how do I get over this? is there a way to install from under the floor pan . cheers stew

yes there are holes they line up perfectly but there's no nut/ fixing under them just holes , is it just a case of going in from under the van ?

Yes, the floor brackets are secured with nuts. Depending on which position it might involve partially lowering the fuel tank and or removing heat shields to access.

that's what I thought but defiantly not the bolts just slip in , no thread / nuts or captive nuts in the floor for a double set up , its driving me nuts lol

iv the 4 x extra bolts that go in to the floor pan but there's no thread in the floor pan at all , the holes are there . I even undid the single seat bolts from the floor removing the black spacer and then the bolt and 100% these have the threaded holes but the retro fitting of a double seams not to support this ?

yes mate , its a 4 bolt captain seat out and a 8 bolt double seat going in but the 4 extra bolts have perfect holes in the floor but no threads or captive type nut to bolt in to

thank you , it looks like a pain I mean plan lol . I feel a hole saw and magnets super glue and a lot of fffin n blinding coming on this weekend cheers

Haha, its not too bad, just methodical, but obviously needed. Don't forget for a bit more comfort in the front double put some 10mm washers along the front bolts to give it a bit of rake

I’d have a crawl under and have a look. I’m surprised they are hidden by the fuel tank as that seems to finish very slightly forward of the filler cap.

The other thing to consider is the airbag as I believe the single seat has a single width air bag. I went from double to single so not a problem having a wider bag.

Good luck.

Ian

Back