Double seat swap

Merv555

T6 Pro
I'm trying to swap from a single to a double front seat, I ordered up the parts from the Forum shop.
Which was studs,nuts and spacers. Put the van into my local garage for them to fit it, but when they took the single seat out and removed mats they found that the holes in the floor don't have nuts welded underneath. I read some where that there is plates with nuts on that fit under the holes. I contacted the dealers but they don't have anything listed.
It appears to be a big job to fit as the exhaust,prop shaft and fuel tank have to come off.
Has anyone swapped their seats over and if so how did you do it please?

We are swapping as part of our conversion and I did find a description of how it is done (can’t find it at the minute but will keep looking) as I thought I might attempt it myself. Unfortunately it seems to be quite involved as you suggest, maybe it’s worth finding a converter near you who does it more regularly. Where are you based?

Unfortunately I can't make any recommendations for people down there and I'm afraid I can't find the description on how to do it other than it involves dropping the tank and other obstructions. The other thing that cropped up was that on T5s there were two types of airbag for the front to accommodate for either single or double front passenger seat, they are easily swappable though apparently, not sure if this is still the case on a T6 but I will be making some enquiries. Sorry I couldn't be more help, hope you get it sorted.

Hi Merv555

I have a double front seat in Dark Austin fabric from my 2017 T6 including seat box and Kiravans double swivel. If your interested? Its very straight forward to fit. The double box has all the anchor points for the electrics. Do you have a single front passenger seat?

Cheers

Hi Chris,
Just had my local garage swap the seat over today, the single seat is sold.
Thanks.

Hi Merv

Glad you got sorted out. Will try and sell it on ebay or something. Not sure how much there worth.

Cheers

Unfortunately I can't make any recommendations for people down there and I'm afraid I can't find the description on how to do it other than it involves dropping the tank and other obstructions. The other thing that cropped up was that on T5s there were two types of airbag for the front to accommodate for either single or double front passenger seat, they are easily swappable though apparently, not sure if this is still the case on a T6 but I will be making some enquiries. Sorry I couldn't be more help, hope you get it sorted.

Hey Sjacko20 I really want a dual passenger seat in front of a Kombi but so many come with single seat 2nd hand (hard to find a dual seat). Should I be worried about airbag situation if I put a double seat where a single was. Thinking of this in either a std or comfort dash config. If you know anything to help I’d appreciate it. Ta

Hey Sjacko20 I really want a dual passenger seat in front of a Kombi but so many come with single seat 2nd hand (hard to find a dual seat). Should I be worried about airbag situation if I put a double seat where a single was. Thinking of this in either a std or comfort dash config. If you know anything to help I’d appreciate it. Ta
Some related information in thread Passenger Airbags

@Martin Brown I didn’t look into it much further as we changed our van layout in the end to keep the two singles in the front but added a sliding rear rib bed so we could bring whoever is in the back further forwards. As far as I know the airbags are just a straight (if expensive) swap and when exploded are a different shape to provide protection to the required number of people.

@Martin Brown I didn’t look into it much further as we changed our van layout in the end to keep the two singles in the front but added a sliding rear rib bed so we could bring whoever is in the back further forwards. As far as I know the airbags are just a straight (if expensive) swap and when exploded are a different shape to provide protection to the required number of people.
Thanks very much for your response. Has really helped me in deciding on a base vehicle. Ta

Back