Sold VW Original head unit

Status
Not open for further replies.

JasonW

VCDS User
T6 Legend
Open to offers if anyone is interested in an original 2019 VW head unit from a T6. It was used for 2 days before I swapped it out... so perfect condition as brand new...

20200815_170442.jpg20200815_170142.jpg20200815_170019.jpg

I think you’ll need to get the component protection removed to fit this into another van.

Might save you a load of hassle if you didn’t know this?

beware the component protection... that radio suits your van...and only your van...
put in another and try to remove component protection..(internet job by the programmer with vdub in germany) not only will the new van sh!t itself royally with can gateway errors but then it also wont work back in yours until...you get component protection sorted again.
they need to be taken to bits...faffed with by people in the know to block the can gateway vehicle specific grief and then fitted into the new vehicle...and programmed.

its a very nice doorstop...put in the loft in a box...and save until you sell your van. far easier.

im badly trying to fit a media nav unit in mine... and been through all the issues problems...mine not only sh!t itself but mine was trying to do dpf regens, errors all over...you name it... shouldnt have been tight and spent the extra 2k...
the guys at luton at happydayz know what they are on with but its still going to cost mega bucks to sort.

sorry to dampen your sale, but you'll just get loads of grief from the buyer... unless they are good with the above... and then when you refund...it wont work in yours..

hope enlightens the job but dont like to be bearer of bad news..I've just been here....grim...

I’ve got a quote for £159 to remove CP on my Discover unit, this includes adding CarPlay (mine has it already), postage and vat.

Hi thanks i will have a nosy at that.. its so good and yet so not good...stops the thieves etc but means we cant faff!..
sorry to bring bad news jason... just it can go all pete tong...i basically disabled my van a week prior to xmas then couldn't sort because everyone was off.

I’ve got a quote for £159 to remove CP on my Discover unit, this includes adding CarPlay (mine has it already), postage and vat.

seen it here

this is norm just to activate the carplay and other functions that the dealers cost you a lot more to sort...
unsure if it has any vast component protection or getting it programmed to the van.
trust me..you can component unprotect them... but then oh get ready... the whole van needs to know its there and the head unit needs to know every other item on the van... ballache. if you get great success let me know as i have a media nav as a doorstop now too... £300 wasted on a head unit...to get it sorted daaaaan saaaf it was approx £500-600 if my head unit would allow it and was ok, not damaged/faulty by previous work.

There are some very talented vcds users out there on Facebook etc. Coding stuff that dealers fail and retro fitting visual cockpits to golf gti’s.

I find it hard to understand why Vw would put something so advanced on a shit headunit. Obviously it stops people stealing it. But when’s the last time someone looked into a t6 and wanted to steal the headunit?

which is exactly why we want to fit media nav's in and not the kenwoods or the cool as chips one that sticks up out of the dash that all say..smash the glass and steal me and it'll work in anything....
or i would have gone that route tbh.

which is exactly why we want to fit media nav's in and not the kenwoods or the cool as chips one that sticks up out of the dash that all say..smash the glass and steal me and it'll work in anything....
or i would have gone that route tbh.

makes good sense. Hopefully it doesn’t cost you too much headache.

You can security key code the kenwoods.... But I guess there's a way around that if you know what you're doing....

There are some very talented vcds users out there on Facebook etc. Coding stuff that dealers fail and retro fitting visual cockpits to golf gti’s.

I find it hard to understand why Vw would put something so advanced on a shit headunit. Obviously it stops people stealing it. But when’s the last time someone looked into a t6 and wanted to steal the headunit?
I remember a few years back when 7 VW vehicles in the station car park in Pudsey all had their stereos nicked in one day while the owners were away! They only targeted VWs because they all had a universal design which fitted many cars/vans in the range and were very easy to gey out with just 4 Torx screws. That reputation was probably behind VW bringing in component protection.

I am thinking of taking my head unit out to send it off to get App connect activated, can I still drive the van without it in place?

A lot easier than removing head unit and sending off.
Download to SD card and load in to head unit just got to swap USB socket when it arrives and get my local garage to code it. And VW told me that my head unit was not compatable for carplay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back