VW Dealership Installing brand new T6 Engine due to fault

iDixonn

T6 Pro
Hello,

Picking up my T6 next week, had a call yesterday saying they found some issues with the engine when completing the safety checks, for that reason they have replaced the whole engine with a brand new one. Is this something I should be scared about? Always good to get a brand new engine but is this a sign something else is wrong with the van? It’s from a VW Lister Dealership, hence me not having to fork out £7k for a new engine.

Whaaaaat...?

Whats the van spec?

I had to fight for a new engine after THEY blew it up. And then i only got a short block.! (On my previous T5.1)

I’d take that as a positive for sure. Be interesting to hear why though and make sure all associated parts are replaced.

Reactions: Ozi
Hello,

Picking up my T6 next week, had a call yesterday saying they found some issues with the engine when completing the safety checks, for that reason they have replaced the whole engine with a brand new one. Is this something I should be scared about? Always good to get a brand new engine but is this a sign something else is wrong with the van? It’s from a VW Lister Dealership, hence me not having to fork out £7k for a new engine.
I wouldn't worry, you've had a result, as long as they know what caused the original failure and, for example, don't put the old duff EGR valve / cooler which could have caused the failure, on the new engine.
Now you'll have 4 years of not having to change a cambelt! :thumbsup:

Reactions: Ozi
Whaaaaat...?

Whats the van spec?

I had to fight for a new engine after THEY blew it up. And then i only got a short block.! (On my previous T5.1)
T28 2.0TDI. Luckily they spotted it before i took ownership, very lucky they are replacing it for a brand new one. Over £7k worth of work

Hello,

I'm assuming it's not a brand new van.
Interesting that when a dealer has to change the engine it's £7k, but when a punter needs one it's closer to £14k.

I'd be interested to know, (if you ever find out) what caused the original engine to fail.

@Long tall John - the VW quote ended at 14.5k plus VAT - still sussing out what exactly happened via Dragon Engines. @iDixonn I'd be interested too if you now know what the issue was. I have a nasty feeling I'm going to end up forking out, but I'm only to going to get done what needs to be done , I think VW want to replace everything just in case.

Back