VW closes T6.1 order book today (3/3/23) !!!! - T7 Next? or T8?

The new Transit is available to order now, and yes, it comes with the ecoblue engine, straight out of the old model.
I sold my transit custom, 42 k, never had a problem with it, but when i read about the wet belt design, it was gone within a week, a rubber belt hidden in engine oil, lol, disaterous idiotic design.

I sold my transit custom, 42 k, never had a problem with it, but when i read about the wet belt design, it was gone within a week, a rubber belt hidden in engine oil, lol, disaterous idiotic design.
The workshops were struggling to keep the mechanics busy, so they decided to totally discredit internal combustion engines by designing in massive design flaws. "Sorry sir but its 8K every 18 months to rebuild your engine!"

Lol, its certainly keeping mechanics busy, Its amazing the custom drivers that have never heard about this, i hadnt.
Fords loony tunes service schedule of oil changes every 30k doesnt help as it leads to severe oil dilution from failed regens.
I drive in France twice a year, wasnt prepared to take the risk. Sure you can get the belt done for £1200 , but what about next time? Plenty belts snapping from 40k onwards.
Ford updated my software on a recall for "emissions purposes" soon after realised my van barely regened anymore, conclusion...they know about the fault, and were reducing regens to prevent diolution of the oil, so what if the DPF dies, thats my problem, engines dies, thats their problem, very underhand... will never buy another Ford.

Lol, its certainly keeping mechanics busy, Its amazing the custom drivers that have never heard about this, i hadnt.
Fords loony tunes service schedule of oil changes every 30k doesnt help as it leads to severe oil dilution from failed regens.
I drive in France twice a year, wasnt prepared to take the risk. Sure you can get the belt done for £1200 , but what about next time? Plenty belts snapping from 40k onwards.
Ford updated my software on a recall for "emissions purpises" soon after realised my van barely regened anymore, conclusion...they know about the fault, and were reducing regens to prevent diolution of the oil, so what if the DPF dies, thats my problem, engines dies, thats there problem, will never buy another Ford.
The old saying are true

Found On Road Dead

Ford updated my software on a recall for "emissions purposes" soon after realised my van barely regened anymore, conclusion...they know about the fault, and were reducing regens to prevent diolution of the oil, so what if the DPF dies, thats my problem, engines dies, thats their problem, very underhand... will never buy another Ford.
Its not just Ford, Honda dealership here usually have 10-12 civic engines on the workshop floor awaiting Honda sign off for rebuild or replacement due to the 1/2 wits design. A belt seemingly reduces drag improving fuel efficiency, but efficiency no dam good if it wrecks the engine.

I must look into this.... Commenting to remember! My transit custom has 50k on clock now. Serviced every year as matter of course and typically 7k miles a year....

I must look into this.... Commenting to remember! My transit custom has 50k on clock now. Serviced every year as matter of course and typically 7k miles a year....
Regular oil changes reduce the risk, some are changing oil every 6-8 k.
Its the excess diesel hardening the teeth on the belt, teeth snap off, bye bye engine.
Check if theres a recall ,there wasnt on my 2019 plate, but all Fraud do is take off the oil filler neck and check the TOP of the belt for delamination, NOT the teeth.
Plenty of cases of Fraud "checking" the belt, giving the all clear, then shortly after belt snaps, also rubber fragments can block the oil feeds in the sump,its just an awful design.

10 years ago, i bought my two daughters a Toyota Yaris Diesel each. They dont have a belt, they have a chain, with no interval for replacement. Servicing of both has been spasmodic at best, usually when the brake pads are down to the metal. One has done 203000, and the other 165000 miles. Whats the problem with a chain ?

10 years ago, i bought my two daughters a Toyota Yaris Diesel each. They dont have a belt, they have a chain, with no interval for replacement. Servicing of both has been spasmodic at best, usually when the brake pads are down to the metal. One has done 203000, and the other 165000 miles. Whats the problem with a chain ?
Exactly, its for emissions B.S, they worked out putting a belt in the engine reduces emissii s somehow by a fartsworth.
Diesels have been around since the ark, companies know how to make a good engine, a reliable engine, but all this battle for low emissions means design is no longer about reliability and longevity, its all about low emissions, i mesn the euro 6 engines with their regens, having to clean the DPF, is all about emissions, but the downside is your oil of a certain viscosity is being diluted with diesel, what a stupid idea, again, only necessary because of a DPF

The chain has a higher drag so reducing fuel efficiency allegedly. I loved the T5 5 pot, all gear driven no cambelt issues, blew the turbo hose off twice due to flimsy clips but I drilled through and put a 1.6mm weld rod through and never had that problem again.

Like Mr Gilette said,"Never invent anything that doesn't wear out or you will never be rich!"

The new T7 looks great, but it's expensive. Note that l don't mean too expensive, it's just that now it is a premium vehicle that many small businesses won't be able to afford.

The T6.1 was around £35,000 with a few options and the better engine.

Now, the similar vehicle will cost you £50,000.

Although l predict residuals will remain high, so it shouldn't be too expensive on a PCP agreement.
My local VW dealer said that 90% of their vehicles are financed this way.

But l can't see your local plumber being able to afford a £50,000 van unless they are VAT registered.

lt's certainly put it out of my reach.

I don’t like the multi van, however the paint job and pop up roof of this California make the design less offensive .
Quite like it I have to say. Slightly smaller and lower, better refined. Not bad. Good enough for weekends out. It will be around 70k I guess…not so good…

As it's not based on a commercial platform, I wonder what the payload is? Okay, remove the seats from the normal vehicle, saves weight, but what they've added must be way more than the original kerb weight, and what's left? Enough for a spare pair of pants and socks?

Glad I didn’t wait for the new California then. A ludicrous price for such a cramped space. I think I’d rather have a Caddy or even a Bongo (that’s not a euphemism BTW).

Reactions: Bav
I cant imagine many campsites would let you charge the hybrid battery off the EHU :think smile bounce:
The thing that I find odd here is that with the narrowboat every single EHU we've used for the last 10 years has been metered, either a meter you top up with magstripe cards from the marina shop or a lead with a dongle in that charges your account.

I'm really surprised that this hasn't broken into camping yet given that the whole car charging was going to happen one way or another.

Back