Vogtland Shocks and Spring matched.

bencoleman1988

So I'm looking at the Vogtland shock and spring matched set up -30mm, but can find very little information on them, so was hoping someone might have had some experience with both shock and spring from them! My tired standard set up is in dire need of an upgrade and the Vogtland stuff appears to not destroy my bank balance!

TIA

Ben

HI Ben , I dont think any Suspension gurus on here will have much experience on Vogtland as it isn't a main stream product .
I do import some kits from them to South Africa for my business there ,

What is the attraction, as my concern would be ride quality , its no doubt better than standard but in all honesty everything is better than standard .

A shock spring kit that is the most popular seller for us 30 odd a month costs about £900.00 is the Vogtland substantially cheaper than this , if it isnt i would look at some of the kits we do in stead ,

Hi Steve! Thank you for the response. I was looking at the Vogtland stuff because many moons ago I had a set of springs on my T4. They seemed pretty good! But I am of course no expert and what was on there originally was definitely crap.

After a very quick read, the Koni (ia assume?!) does seem like a nice choice. Are they a shortened shock? Or are there options? I'm not looking to go low and even half tempted to keep stock height and reusing the springs. Is that something that is done?!

Thanks!

Hi Steve! Thank you for the response. I was looking at the Vogtland stuff because many moons ago I had a set of springs on my T4. They seemed pretty good! But I am of course no expert and what was on there originally was definitely crap.

After a very quick read, the Koni (ia assume?!) does seem like a nice choice. Are they a shortened shock? Or are there options? I'm not looking to go low and even half tempted to keep stock height and reusing the springs. Is that something that is done?!

Thanks!
Standard height we use a special Active shock that softens automatically on bad roads , brilliant £745.00 a set max comfort great handling less body roll and less pitch on braking

top class kit

Lowering also can be done very successfully with a sport shock as well as matching springs great results there as well

Thanks for the info Steve. After a fair amount of forum searching, it sounds like the way to go! I'm planning on keeping the van for a few years, so I'll call it an investment!

Cheers!

Back