victron pheonix 1200 or Renology 1000w?

Personally i would be finding out what the actual mains voltage rating of the microwave is (not just the 700W microwave power) and deciding from there, no point over specifying and spending more than you need too

The recommendation is 100ah of lithium per 1000w inverter.

So that means 200ah for the 2000w.

The reasons are two fold...

Usually the max discharge rate of a 100ah lithium is 100A, so you would need two battery's to provide 100-200A.

The second reason is run time... When pulling large loads you need good ah capacity.

Most ppl that run microwaves off-grid will have 200ah of lithium and 2000w inverter.

What battery is your 110ah ?
Its a Gel carbon acid battery, so in reality, I only have 55ah available which is looking like a bottle neck. Maybe i should leave out the microwave for the time being. So many more things to consider than," oh im gonna whack in a microwave" haha

As regards to run time i would be looking only 4 min runs like 2/3 times a day at max. very light usage

Personally i would be finding out what the actual mains voltage rating of the microwave is (not just the 700W microwave power) and deciding from there, no point over specifying and spending more than you need too
Sorry for being thick my side , but what do you mean by mains voltage, I think it is standard 230/240v.
cheers

if I'm right in my thinking the microwave should only use 5.17a based on the calculations that it will actually use 70% more power than stated. interesting read here: Here
So I am thinking I should be able to get away with the pheonix 1200 or 1200w inverter. I think if I use the microwave a lot then i will screw the battery good and proper (good excuse to upgrade to lithium ;) ) however I think it should be doable unless I'm missing something.

Maybe what i should be thinking is to save up get 200ah of lithium and 2000w inverter to be safe from blowing something or starting fires

Thanks for all the help

Its a Gel carbon acid battery, so in reality, I only have 55ah available which is looking like a bottle neck. Maybe i should leave out the microwave for the time being. So many more things to consider than," oh im gonna whack in a microwave" haha

As regards to run time i would be looking only 4 min runs like 2/3 times a day at max. very light usage
Yeh that's just a standard SLA battery.

You will have trouble running a 1000w inverter off that.... What will happen is the voltage will sag as you start pulling high current..... That will then trigger the inverter low voltage shut down.

And as you say 110ah SLA = 55ah due to dod.

So the 100ah lithium for the 1000w inverter would equal two of those SLA battery's....

Yeh that's just a standard SLA battery.

You will have trouble running a 1000w inverter off that.... What will happen is the voltage will sag as you start pulling high current..... That will then trigger the inverter low voltage shut down.

And as you say 110ah SLA = 55ah due to dod.

So the 100ah lithium for the 1000w inverter would equal two of those SLA battery's....
Thanks, definitely looks like I need to upgrade my system then. Shame, but just what it is another learning curve. Thanks for helping me get this right, super appreciated!

Is there any preferred configuration for multiple lithium batteries in a t6, currently have under seat setup. Would it be rear cupboard position or one under passenger and one under driver seat. Cheers

Have you seen the Roamer range?..

I'm running a 230SB .

It's a 230ah lifepo4

You should be able to fit two Renogy smart lithium under the seat.. as you can fit them standing up.

Or fit them in the rear?

Have a look here for some ideas....

You should be able to fit two Renogy smart lithium under the seat.. as you can fit them standing up.

Or fit them in the rear?

Have a look here for some ideas....

Thanks, appreciated!

Have you seen the Roamer range?..

I'm running a 230SB .

It's a 230ah lifepo4

This is one nice looking battery, price is what it is but I guess it will last a good 15yrs or so. Also like the look of the 10 yr warranty. Thanks for the recommendations!

Yep.

The 230SB is an awesome Lifepo4 battery.....

I've got a Roamer Gen2-V2 ready to drop in this week. (I've got a Renogy 100ah under the seat ATM while I had some work done)

Steve from Roamer Battery is on here as,

@RoamerBatteries

Looking at buying a 1000w Renogy inverter.
Renogy website even with discount is more expensive than the Ebay offering from Renogy.
Is there a catch? Warranty looks to be the same.

Last edited:
interested in a cheap Renogy 2k inverter?

interested in a cheap Renogy 2k inverter?

I saw yours is up for sale but my Valence power pack is too small to drive it.

Maybe that’s why it’s cheaper on Ebay, the sellers name appears to be Renogy (Renogy Solar UK) but…..

773A9A96-DCBF-4024-B3E7-CD191F4A8824.jpeg

Back