victron pheonix 1200 or Renology 1000w?

djgriff

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Hello, I am looking for an inverter so i can run a microwave, just wondering is the Victron Pheonix 1200 worth the extra money over the Renology 1000W, almost twice the price? cheers

I've got both...

And both are very good..

But use different tech inside.

Victron is bigger and heavier as they use transformers.

Renogy use MOSFETs, so smaller and lighter.

Both have a remote on/off option.

But only the Victron has the remote app monitoring via the Bluetooth ve direct port.

The Renogy is cheaper.

The Victron is more expensive, but has a proven quality history.

Fwiw....
I've had issues with some inverters moaning and showing errors with surge blips.... And shutting down. ( Eg 800w load on a 1000w inverter, but micro blips over the 1k, but under the total surge rating... A lot of inverters shut down)

The Renogy sailed through the testing and sucked up any small blips.

I’m looking to run a 700w microwave for emergency kid food heating up scenario’s ;)

I've got both...

And both are very good..

But use different tech inside.

Victron is bigger and heavier as they use transformers.

Renogy use MOSFETs, so smaller and lighter.

Both have a remote on/off option.

But only the Victron has the remote app monitoring via the Bluetooth ve direct port.

The Renogy is cheaper.

The Victron is more expensive, but has a proven quality history.

Fwiw....
I've had issues with some inverters moaning and showing errors with surge blips.... And shutting down. ( Eg 800w load on a 1000w inverter, but micro blips over the 1k, but under the total surge rating... A lot of inverters shut down)

The Renogy sailed through the testing and sucked up any small blips.

Thanks for the insights appreciated

You need to check the spec on that microwave.

The 700w will be the running wattage.

Microwaves will have a massive surge on startup, possibly twice the running wattage.

The Renogy might trip?

The Victron may deal with it better (as they are short circuit proof)

It will be a case of try an see.

Oh right didn’t realise the wattage would surge on start up, don’t suppose you would know where I would find out this info? Start up surge? Cheers

startup surge could be double.

@czmate1999 runs a small microwave.

i think runs twin 100ah lithiums and a 2000w inverter.

@czmate1999 - whats size inverter is yours?

oouff im only running a single 110ah, but a 360w solar. hope this is enough for a microwave

I've got pretty much the same van as @czmate1999 (both Three Bridge jobs) with an induction hob and oven/grill/microwave combo, twin 100Ah lithiums and an NDS 3,000W pure sine inverter. All works fine, but it all pulls a scary amount of current if I'm cooking a full English!! I uprated from the 2kW because of the induction hob, so with 3kW I guess I've got enough to allow for the microwave surge on start up.

out of the two above inverters i would more more inclined to say the Victron will be better as it can surge + 200%..

i have the VE direct port BT adapter. . .

eg:

1662206621090.png1662206645841.png1662206633722.png

That prob wont be enough for your microwave, as a general rule you double the microwave wattage to get your required invertor size
I think the average microwave runs at about 1.8 times the microwave power so yours will likely be 700*1.8 so around 1260 so defo need to double check the specs/ratings and prob go upto a 1.5kw invertor

That prob wont be enough for your microwave, as a general rule you double the microwave wattage to get your required invertor size
I think the average microwave runs at about 1.8 times the microwave power so yours will likely be 700*1.8 so around 1260 so defo need to double check the specs/ratings and prob go upto a 1.5kw invertor
So on max settings on the microwave state 700w : this one
so i am guessing i will need one of these bad boys: inverter
thanks

uurgh just read the manuals for the victron 1200 and 1600 models, the 1200 requires minimum 150AH battery and the 1600 version requires 300-800ah battery capacity.. do you think this is just recommendations?

Screenshot 2022-09-03 192320.jpg

Screenshot 2022-09-03 192436.jpg

do you think i could still get away with a 110ah as i would only be using for a microwave?

Back