Vehicle Specific Information - Detailed build info

Pauly

VCDS User
Admin
There is a service available to us via VW that allows us to search vehicle specific information from a VIN number that generates a report of all vehicle info ie base setup, engine code, options, extras etc etc
A snip of the first page of mine is below and the resulting pages are in the attached pdf, it costs us everytime we access this service so its a bit expensive to fetch individual reports, if anyone else would like a copy of theirs please can you let me know and we can compile a list and retrieve them all at the same time dramatically reducing the cost of these reports, if enough people want them we can hopefully get them down to around £1-2 each

Capture.PNG

Attachments

• Vehicle Specific Information Report.pdf
    108.9 KB · Views: 43
There's a website somewhere that does it for free, well there was back in 2009 when I had my A3.

There's a website somewhere that does it for free, well there was back in 2009 when I had my A3.

You can manually type in all of the individual codes from your service book in to VAG Codes but I'm not aware of anything that will let you look up the details from the VIN for free...

You can manually type in all of the individual codes from your service book in to VAG Codes but I'm not aware of anything that will let you look up the details from the VIN for free...
Your dealer parts department will do it if you ask them nicely. Worth doing and keeping with your documents as you will need things like the "PR Codes" to get correct brake pads if you do jobs like that yourself.

Had my dealer print mine out when I collected last week, it covers 7 sides of A4.. Any dealer parts man should be able to do it for you if your passing.

Last edited:
Back