Sportline front bumper from Vee-Dubs Transporters

Bondyt6

Hi all

Just wondering if anybody has fitted a sportline front bumper to t6 from Vee dubs, wondering what the quality is like compared to the Vw one which is a twice the price.

Any pictures would be great

Thanks

i fitted one of there pre painted ones to a friends T5.1 last weekend fit and colour match was spot on

Poor quality!

I've only used the Travelin lite splitters in the past. I decided to try out the gloss black sportline bumper and splitter both pre-painted.

The splitter is a completely different colour and certainly not gloss black.

20220707_092241 (2).jpg

@Timpo is that a travelinlite front bumper? I’ve just bought the gloss black grilles from them and I thought the grilles were pretty good, you saying the bumper is cack?

Cheers

No sorry, I should have made it clearer. All the travelinlite bits I had on the last van were great. The vee dubs splitter and bumper are not

Hi all

I have just tried to fit my sportline bumper and it is a mile out from fitting! Seems too short to match both sides and also doesn't line up with curves on the original bumper!

Very disappointed anybody any experience of this bumper or fitting one?

IMG_20230402_130604.jpgIMG_20230402_130515.jpg

IMG_20230402_130506.jpg

It will fit mine was the same its a tight fit,
Drop it down lower a little in the front until you can force it over the arch then push it back up to meet the lower grill, i did fettle mine to improve the contours around the curves before painting.

When the spoiler is fitted the contours around the sides arnt quite snug enough for my liking, but i have seen this problem with genuine parts also, i used a small file to fettle/scribe in so it reduces abd gaps.

When the spoiler is fitted the contours around the sides arnt quite snug enough for my liking, but i have seen this problem with genuine parts also, i used a small file to fettle/scribe in so it reduces abd gaps.
Any pictures of ur bumper up close?

I can take some tomorrow its only this morning i trial fitted and tweaked the contours, it hasn't been painted yet so i can show you how it goes on

Have you watched this
Watch the force that the bloke with his hair in a bun puts on the spoiler to get it on you can see the spoiler distort.

You need to hook it on one side first and stretch it around to fit over the opposite side.
Thanks for the pictures. That looks the same as mine, I tried but didnt think it would ever stretch that far, I'll have to have another go at it by the looks of it. Is the forth picture the result of you filing the curve down?

Back