Vcds Help For Sidelight To Be On With Main Light

@Skyliner33 Let me put it this way.

1 - You have a 205GTI with driving lights fitted in the lower part of the front bumper. They illuminate with main beam. Is anyone dazzled by those lights when the headlights are dipped?

2 - How do fog lights and driving lights differ when they are not illuminated when anyone else can see them i.e. with dipped headlights.
It does not matter how you put it. Nor does it matter what my opinion is. The law is clear. It is illegal to use fog lights when the visibility is over 100m. I’m not sure which part of this you find difficult. I’m out now. Nothing else to add.

I dug this out from an old thread on a Golf GTI forum. Whilst it is agreed by the majority that using the fog light function as the factory settings allows when visibility is over 100m is illegal, it is possible (on the Golf Mk7 at least) to code the lights in the lower bumper to activate with main/high beam as follows.

VCDS or OBDEleven instructions.....

19- Central Electronics
16- Security code 31347 (this is not the code for a T6)
10- Adaptations

Left side

8 Leuchte12NL LB45 Lichtfunktion C 12 “not active” > Nebellicht links

9 Leuchte 12NL LB45 Lichtfunktion D 12 “not active” > Lichthupe generell

10 Leuchte 12NL LB45 Dimmwert CD12 “0” > 127

11 Leuchte 12 NL LB45 Dimming Direction CD 12 “maximize” > maximize

Right side

8 Leuchte 13NL RB5 Lichtfunktion C 13 “not active” > Nebellicht rechts

9 Leuchte 13NL RB5 Lichtfunktion D13 “not active” > Lichthupe generell

10 Leuchte 13NL RB5 Dimmwert CD 13 “0” > 127

11 Leuchte 13NL RB5 Dimming direction CD 13 “maximize” > maximize

If you want the front fog lights come on with standard main beam (i.e. not just on the flash setting).

Leuchte12NL LB45-Lichtfunktion C 12 > not active > “left high beam”

Leuchte13NL RB5-Lichtfunktion C 13 > not active > “right high beam”

Always a few sets on eBay if you know what you are looking for. Set went last week, like new for £140.
I bought mine on here for £200. Actually cheaper than a fine for using the fogs and much better performance.
On eBay they are sometimes listed as Caravelle or California headlights.
Worth hunting down IMHO as they will perform well and are not too expensive like LED or aftermarket LED lookalikes

Back