02252 code - VCDS scan

Longers

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Hi, hopefully someone can help,

My battery light came up yesterday. Checked the battery was ok, but a bit low, but wasn't charging. Still starts fine though, but get an error message sometimes saying 12v battery low, and also start stop error.

Carista had two separate 02252 codes, but couldn't see anything more detailed from that.

I saw some posts about the lin bus wire from the battery. I did find a small bit of corrosion on the wire in the usual spot but it still had continuity. I've replaced that bit and get continuity from the battery to there. Still getting battery light come on the dash though and its still only showing 11.7v on the battery even with lights/radio etc on with the engine running. No idea how to get to the wires at the alternator end though to test for continuity from the bit I replaced to the alternator - anyone able to tell me?

Managed to get a VCDS scan... comes up with two errors, 003 Mechanical Failure, and 012 Electrical Fault in Circuit.

Does that sound like an alternator issue? Any further testing I can do?

Thanks!

Attachments

• Log-DV66OPF-WV1ZZZ7HZHH085967-214110km-133041mi.txt
    10.8 KB · Views: 2
Should have added, its a my17 (66 reg) 150 with DSG and around 132k miles - ex RAC van.
Cheers

Back