VCDS And Carista Fault Codes

I did it for one of our members recently as part of clearing the steering angle fault that threw up the steering light on the dash.

Use the measuring blocks to see what steering angle value is, its prob one turn out, if you measure it then you can take wheel back off a put it back to where it should be without recalibrating it
Ill have a go at this.

I havne't got the 44 steering assist module showing up in my VCDS... Do you know where I can find this?

What version vcds are you using?

Is it a cloan or genuine cable.?

What year van?

A screen shot will help?

I'm using the gendan cable and latest version on VCDS from the site. Only downloaded it last Thursday after purchasing the unit.

It's a 65 plate T28

I'll get a screenshot tomorrow :)

Address 01: Engine (J623-CFCA) (T5.1)

11866 - Position Sensor for Turbo Inlet Valve
P22D5 00 [096] - Implausible Signal

sensor connector was left unplugged
Good morning
First post I’ve found with P22D5, any help would be appreciated
The only code that comes up, pending (clear able with ignition off/on) then usually later on in the day comes on as stored/permanent (needs reader to clear)
Any help would be appreciated

I have a code 02698 under engine on Carista.

I have now found a list of codes suggesting this is "front passenger side pedal switch"

Does this sound correct, would this display on Carista under engine issues, with the engine management light being on?

If so i assume there is a switch under the passenger seat swivel that has gone / come apart.

Any thoughts?

For info I have a petrol engine with an lpg conversion

Last edited:
I have a code 02698 under engine on Carista.

I have now found a list of codes suggesting this is "front passenger side pedal switch"

Does this sound correct, would this display on Carista under engine issues, with the engine management light being on?

If so i assume there is a switch under the passenger seat swivel that has gone / come apart.

Any thoughts?

For info I have a petrol engine with an lpg conversion
Carista is not at its best reading fault codes. I'd use another OBD-tool to get better understanding. Or simply reset engine faults to see if the engine management lights turns off, and the fault disappears.

Anyways, I don't think you'll find the side pedal switch anywhere on passenger side - actually I have no idea what it could be. Out of curiosity tried to google the code, and found the following neighbouring codes - which make no sense for T6 - I hope...:eek:
1625058535976.png

I did reset it & it came back on a few days later.

I have now booked in at VW for them to diagnose the error. Hopefully it is nothing to do with the LPG conversion which could invalidate the warranty.

Reactions: mmi
I've got these faults come up on carista. They have just appeared after its first service at preston commercials.
First question is what are they,are the significant?.
Second,can i contact the garage and tell them I've got these faults and that i got them off my carista?.
They clear but come back.View attachment 91855
Take #2 - could these be better explanations for the above? Any audio retrofits? E.g. similar to Can rear speakers be added to the standard head unit with front/ rear fader?

Address 5F: Information Electr/Infotainment
0517 - Front Right Bass Speaker - B1062 13 [008] - Open Circuit​
0518 - Front Right Treble Speaker - B1064 13 [009] - Open Circuit​
0522 - Front Left Bass Speaker - B105F 13 [008] - Open Circuit​
0523 - Front Left Treble Speaker - B1061 13 [009] - Open Circuit​
0524 - Connections to Front Left Loudspeakers - B1109 11 [009] - Short to Ground
0527 - Rear Left Bass Speaker - B1065 13 [008] - Open Circuit​
0528 - Rear Left Treble Speaker - B1066 13 [009] - Open Circuit
Found in other Addresses :unsure:
0512 - Supply voltage - U1011 00 [008] - Voltage too Low New to forum
0512 - Front Left Bass Speaker - B105F 13 [009] - Open Circuit​

I'm new to all this VCDS stuff but got my HEX-V2 plugged in and this is the result of my first scan!!:eek:
Does any of the experienced VCDS people have any words of wisdom for me?

IMG_5147.jpg

No ignition on and engine running. Doesn’t appear to affect anything but a bit odd. I have read somewhere that the ghost system creates errors but I wouldn’t have thought this many. I have got a DRL lamp out so that accounts for one fault.
on another point I have managed to get everything working again after the dealer ‘lost’ my cruise control, large mph display and drive away locking!

**drl **

I had a look at the scan you sent me
I would clear the codes and see what comes back after

I would guess you have a ghost fitted and have had a low and/or flat battery at some point and that accounts for some of the codes

Some of the others are a bit weird, looks like you towbar module wasnt coded in correctly and also your aux heater seems to be MIA so could potentially be faulty or blown a fuse etc

I did clear the faults but they reappeared!
The motor battery is fairly new and is fully charged now that I have replaced the voltage sensitive relay for a dc-dc charger and fitted new Lithium leisure batteries. The rest is a mystery.
Unfortunately I can't get there as I am on hols in Europe.
Am going to keep plugging away. I noticed that some disappeared when I cleared the from the individual modules but after restarting the VCDS they reappeared.

I've had some success though - I got the cruise control working after the dealership said they couldn't fix it.

Back