vag-com upgrades so far (what have you had done?)

Easy to add the MPH. VAGCOM is easy to use, just go slowly and carefully.

Only done the MPH on mine so far.

The cheap copies sold on eBay are no good, can't do programming only read and clear faults, have you looked at Carista?

Hi yes I have carista I have figured it out now I had to change it to Australian first to get the large mph display. Is there any other things I can do? I have changed everything on carista but little hacks like turning to Australian to change a feature is there any others?

I have copied this from another thread so that more can see it.

I was so fed up with Auto Stop/Start and couldn't find a way with VCDS or VCP so I just fitted a nice little memory device bought on eBay for £28.99. See item 322352078637 by seller idegencris.
You connect it to the back of the switch. It is only three wires and he even confirmed the method for removal of the switch and the wiring. Which ever position you decide to leave it in, it will remember that for the next start so you can have it as normal stop/starting or if you turn it off it will do that 4 seconds after the next time you turn the ignition on.
The radio trim needs to be removed in order to push stop/start switch out. The switch comes out easily but the radio trim was tight but I can advise where the catches/lugs are so you know where to pull it. I then pulled to harness out through the opening left at the side of the radio to work on it. I backed the three wires out of the plug as that way I could finish it off with heat shrink and then push the pins back in. I do tried to add a picture of it and the picture the seller gave me explaining the switch removal. He also told me the wires are connected as such (I did confirm and luckily they are all on one side of the connector).

(Module -- Car)
BLUE -- Brown/Black (signal)
RED -- Black (acc/ignition)
BROWN -- Brown (Gnd)

The finish off this little device is absolutely brilliant.
Oh, one other thing for all those Stop Start fans please read the article by Autocar (link provided below or just go to Autocar and search for it).
Stop-Start Technology: Is it bad for my engine?

I intend to keep this van for a few years and probably out of my 5 year factory warranty. I kept my old 2003 T5 right up to this year.
PS Just for info I am a retired engineer from Jaguar Land Rover Power Train development and as far as I am concerned stop start is the work of the devil.
DSC_0553a.jpg s-l1600.jpg

[QUOTE = "Pauly, posta adresi: 80271, üye: 1"] O halde yapılamıyor, bu değişiklikleri yapmak için katlanır aynaların olması gerekiyor [/ QUOTE]
hangi özellikleri açabilirim? katlanır aynadan başka.

Stop/Start turned off
Just run into this same problem myself - what access code was provided to you in VCDS?

I'm really struggling - I've tried heaps of codes & am running out of ideas now!

Just run into this same problem myself - what access code was provided to you in VCDS?

I'm really struggling - I've tried heaps of codes & am running out of ideas now!
You can't do it with VCDS but you can with VCP

You can't do it with VCDS but you can with VCP
Thanks for confirming!

I know someone with VCP - could you point me to an idiot-proof guide (if he lets me borrow it) or a step by step guide that I can wave under his nose and say "go do"??

Thanks in advance!!

It’s easy as it’s an OCF (one click function)
From the home screen click OCF, then select start/stop deactivation from the list on the right hand side (you may need to select engine section first can’t remember ?)
This will give you a pop out menu to select vehicle so choose T6 at the very bottom and click go, it will warn you not to have the engine running etc and 30 secs later no more start stop :)

It’s easy as it’s an OCF (one click function)
From the home screen click OCF, then select start/stop deactivation from the list on the right hand side (you may need to select engine section first can’t remember ?)
This will give you a pop out menu to select vehicle so choose T6 at the very bottom and click go, it will warn you not to have the engine running etc and 30 secs later no more start stop :)
Thanks @Pauly very helpful.

I had VCP and did see the OCF to do it but I was worried that there was no way of correcting what it did if something went wrong so I opted for the memory module.

Got my vcds cable from Gendan on Friday Managed to have a wee play with it yesterday. So far I've got my Tailgate closing with the button on the key fob (why it's not like that from the factory I don't know) and I've also adjusted the high beam assist speed settings.

Going to have another go today I want to stop the cornering fog light function, increase the home coming time and set the drls to dim when indicating. Are these straight forward enough to do?

Ian

Reactions: mmi
Got my vcds cable from Gendan on Friday Managed to have a wee play with it yesterday. So far I've got my Tailgate closing with the button on the key fob (why it's not like that from the factory I don't know) and I've also adjusted the high beam assist speed settings.

Going to have another go today I want to stop the cornering fog light function, increase the home coming time and set the drls to dim when indicating. Are these straight forward enough to do?

Ian
Shouldn't be a problem. I think all are well documented in the Forum. Just a note that there are two paths to change things: coding and adaptation. I think the coming home function is on the adaptations, the others probably only on the codings.

Shouldn't be a problem. I think all are well documented in the Forum. Just a note that there are two paths to change things: coding and adaptation. I think the coming home function is on the adaptations, the others probably only on the codings.
Great thank you!

I've got my Tailgate closing with the button on the key fob
Could you guide a newbie like me to where I can do that.

So annoying....!

I don't know why it's not like that that from the factory either! Even my old Hyundai could close the boot with the keyfob!

Getting the DRLs to dim is a two step process
You need to set the DRLs to go off when you indicate and you also need to set lights on with terminal 30 which overrides them going off and causes them to dim instead
It works but means your rear lights come on with ignition and are always illuminated

Could you guide a newbie like me to where I can do that.

So annoying....!

I don't know why it's not like that that from the factory either! Even my old Hyundai could close the boot with the keyfob!
I found a video guide on you tube for this, I'm sure there's a guide on here that @Loz posted too but I can't seem to find it.

Back