V6 Amarok. Come On Vw, Please Squeeze This Lump Into A T6

I had an Amarok before my van, albeit a 180 Ultimate. That was super smooth until it was stretched, and then seriously lost out on top end grunt to the V6. (tried and tested one night)

I loved it, but they are seriously compromised if you intend to use one as a big car. The rear of the cab is cramped and with the rear bulkhead being so upright, the seats are too. The load beds are not secure, whatever type of cover/canopy you have, plus they let the water in. If you need one for farming, logging or building, they are superb, but as an alternative to a kombi for on road use, they just can't cut it.

I had an Amarok before my van, albeit a 180 Ultimate. That was super smooth until it was stretched, and then seriously lost out on top end grunt to the V6. (tried and tested one night)

I loved it, but they are seriously compromised if you intend to use one as a big car. The rear of the cab is cramped and with the rear bulkhead being so upright, the seats are too. The load beds are not secure, whatever type of cover/canopy you have, plus they let the water in. If you need one for farming, logging or building, they are superb, but as an alternative to a kombi for on road use, they just can't cut it.
Unless you need extreme off-road/towing abilities; a T6 is so much more useful than an Amarok

Very much doubt that any bigger engine will ever make it to a Transporter now, in fact I can foresee a possibility of a 1.6L making its way in as the base model, always assuming ICE are still a thing by then.

Very much doubt that any bigger engine will ever make it to a Transporter now, in fact I can foresee a possibility of a 1.6L making its way in as the base model, always assuming ICE are still a thing by then.
I think there is very little more ICE development planned for the T6/T7/T8; hydrogen &/or batteries are its future.

Last edited:
Back