V6 Amarok. Come On Vw, Please Squeeze This Lump Into A T6

chriscroft

15 years of VW T 'ing
VIP Member
T6 Legend
I guess there are lots of reasons why not,
but having just test driven and bought a company Amarok V6 ZF8 speed; all I can say is WOW brilliant, and bloody fast/smooth

Then you look on Revo-technik's web site "Onlyrevo", a simple remap for the V6......700NM(torque) = 516lbs/ft..... MAD

Stage 1............TestStock.... ClaimedStock.... Tested Revo

0 - 60 mph.............. 7.5s............ 7.6s.............. 5.8s
0 - 100 mph............ 30.0s........ 25.6s........... 16.9s
30 - 70 mph.............. 8.0s.......... 7.5s.............. 5.7s

REVO Stage 1 Software for a VOLKSWAGEN Amarok 3.0 Tdi | Only REVO

Plus the Amarok seems (cheap) cash wise, compared to a T6; and it is the absolute class leader imo.

Last edited:
The Touareg V6 and gearbox are buttery smooth, incredible compared to Diesel engines just a few years ago.

My Touareg goes back shortly and the V6 Amarok is high on the replacement list, keep the van for the family and a pickup for work.

Who is pimping Amarok’s these days? Not impressed with Leighton or Raceline, any others?

Vw do a Matt grey option which I like very much, own a Touareg myself and even though it’s now 7 years old it still drives great.

We've just ordered a special edition "Dark Label", it only comes with the lesser V6 power output, but having driven this engine; and given that they all remap the same.....

Amarok-Dark-Label.png

I had a V6 diesel in a Touareg and it was a lovely motor.
0-100 in under 17 seconds is quick.
I've just checked what sub 17s 0-100mph means. Lotus exile s fast???? (16.6secs)????
A bloody chipped pickup can't be that quick...??? Surly not??

Last edited:
I've just checked what sub 17s 0-100mph means. Lotus exile s fast???? (16.6secs)????
A bloomin chipped pickup can't be that quick...??? Surly not??

It's an impressive time.
We're so used to hearing 0-60 times of 6 or 7 seconds that we initially think that 16 or 17 seconds to get to 100 sounds slow - but it really isn't.

My question is: does it need to be VW that 'squeezes' that lump in? Wouldn't a write-off V6 Amarok be a suitable candidate for a donor into a T6??

Hell, now you've got me thinking....

Or is this a technical impossibility?

I think VW's thoughts are all about Hybrids, EV's & Hydrogen Fuel Cells.
The Amarok lives in a more butch world and at the premium end on a global platform has to compete against some big motors; plus there is more space under the bonnet.
I'm really thinking about a Revo maps for Vel;
STAGE 1 VOLKSWAGEN, TRANSPORTER T6, 2.0 BITDI
Power Torque
Stock 204ps PS: 204ps
BHP: 201bhp
KW: 150kw
" data-original-title="" title="" style="box-sizing: border-box; background-color: transparent; color: rgb(153, 153, 153); border-radius: 0px !important;"> 332lbft LBFT: 332lbft
NM: 450nm
" data-original-title="" title="" style="box-sizing: border-box; background-color: transparent; color: rgb(153, 153, 153); border-radius: 0px !important;">
REVO Stage 1 Software from 234ps to244ps PS: from 234ps to 244ps
BHP: from 231bhp to 241bhp
KW: from 172kw to 179kw
" data-original-title="" title="" style="box-sizing: border-box; background-color: transparent; color: rgb(153, 153, 153); border-radius: 0px !important;"> from 395lbft to406lbft LBFT: from 395lbft to 406lbft
NM: from 536nm to 550nm
" data-original-title="" title="" style="box-sizing: border-box; background-color: transparent; color: rgb(153, 153, 153); border-radius: 0px !important;">
NOTE: Power is dependant on Fuel Quality, Performance Settings and Conditions, if you hover over the you can see power information in PS, BHP and KW

The 550NM of torque would make a big difference to its performance.

VW also offer the same engine in the tiguan in a 240bhp trim, so why not in the T6??????

The Touareg V6 and gearbox are buttery smooth, incredible compared to Diesel engines just a few years ago.

My Touareg goes back shortly and the V6 Amarok is high on the replacement list, keep the van for the family and a pickup for work.

Who is pimping Amarok’s these days? Not impressed with Leighton or Raceline, any others?

Check out Delta4x4

My friends got a 204 Amarok which has all the toys but you know what, its just ugly, nothing at all wrong with it but just ugly - have to admit Ford have well and truely won this battle

1DAB8C34-B760-4738-BC41-DBDA4FBDC39B.jpeg

498DC5B2-2CFC-4C8E-924B-31CDE9A4A791.jpeg

Your right about Ford winning the looks department, have you seen the Ford Ranger Raptor we have in Aussie.

Looks fantastic, i see that they are going to offer them to the UK at some point

2018-Ford-Ranger-Raptor-Ute-Blue-Press-Image-1001x565p.jpg

amarok-v8-passion-desert-01.jpg The Ford is 1 up until..........
Until you meet the Ranger V Amarok V6 - or View 95% of the Aussi & RSA YouTube Vids. and there are some serious Ford people down under
And then drive them back to back:
The Ranger Raptor is just a Ranger with stick on plastic bits; the V6 Amarok is about 1 million times better in every department.
The Ford is nasty cheap plastic bling inside and out, the VW is classy and well built
The Amarok has only 1 competitor thats the Merc X Class; Just as the T6 has only 1 competitor and thats the Merc Vito; and the Vito's a lot closer to a VW than the Ranger. imo:)
There's been Raptor Ranger's in the UK (with USA bolt on bits) around for a while
We went out to buy a Ford, and came back with a VW, although it cost more.:thumbsup:
Oh and don't confuse an Amarok 2litre with a V6 - different animal altogether

Last edited:
I'd have to disagree about a AUS ford ranger raptor being a just a ranger with stick on bits.

* The wheel track is increased and extra 150mm of width
* It runs of rear coils instead of Leaf springs
* It uses a different engine (2 litre) to the normal Ranger
* Rear discs added to rear, instead of drums
* 10 speed gearbox

The Merc is just a Nissan 300 chassis with MB engine and refinement

Don't get me wrong, i do think the V6 Amarok is nice, but the Ranger Raptor, (the Real One, not the UK ford attempt) is worth looking at.

But after all that, i'd just love to see the V6 shoehorned in the T6 :)

Merc did manage to squeeze a 6 cylinder in the Vito Sport X a few years ago;
we live in hope;)

Google Ford Ranger issues. I was tossing up between a Ranger and the T6. I’m an Aussie so dual cab utes are etched into my DNA. I rang my brother over there who said “google search Ford Ranger issues, they are falling to bits here”. All vehicles have the odd horror story but Ford Ranger horror stories are prolific. I did 20 mins reading and discounted them completely, even though I love the look of them.
Do the same google search against a Golf (for example) and you get almost nothing.

Back