V6 Amarok. Come On Vw, Please Squeeze This Lump Into A T6

Google Ford Ranger issues. I was tossing up between a Ranger and the T6. I’m an Aussie so dual cab utes are etched into my DNA. I rang my brother over there who said “google search Ford Ranger issues, they are falling to bits here”. All vehicles have the odd horror story but Ford Ranger horror stories are prolific. I did 20 mins reading and discounted them completely, even though I love the look of them.
Do the same google search against a Golf (for example) and you get almost nothing.

My golf has been the most unreliable car I have ever owned (on the forum the tsi engines fall to pieces and loads of dpf issues) and My T6 has broken down once already in 12 months and had several issues (this site is also littered with T6 issues). So all Im saying is its very much luck of the draw these days.

New Amarok or New Ranger, Id take the Ranger - problems are not an issue with a warranty/lease.

A friend of mine is a tree surgeon, got himself a new Ranger Wildtrack , oil pump failure so engine has popped at 20,000 miles and Ford are trying their best to walk away and apparently there are 1000's with exactly the same issue, avoid avoid avoid.

I saw a post on FB this morning where Pendle have squeezed 330bhp out of the V6 diesel, very impressive :cool:

I actually think a v6 diesel would be as economical as any of the 2.0l’s.

Its an absolute no brainer for me.

I've got 14 Transporters on my fleet now, plus my own bus, my FD has a Golf R, plus my recently returned Touareg and not a single issue so far, contrast that to my 4 Transit Customs that spend more time with Ford than they do with me.

As you say, it's all luck of the draw to a certain extent, my wife's 2017 Range Rover went back so many times in the first 12 months I've lost count, finally appears to have settled down *touches wood*

My golf has been the most unreliable car I have ever owned (on the forum the tsi engines fall to pieces and loads of dpf issues) and My T6 has broken down once already in 12 months and had several issues (this site is also littered with T6 issues). So all Im saying is its very much luck of the draw these days.

New Amarok or New Ranger, Id take the Ranger - problems are not an issue with a warranty/lease.

From the reading I have done, I think part of the issue is that Ford are not being very helpful with the warranty, though having it leased probably offers an extra cushion.

Having read a bit about the Ranger it does appear they have a few inherent issues,but major issues, and it is a ford so I imagine the VW would be a better buy but aesthetically the Ranger wins every time.

We had a fleet of 1500 cars where I used to work and Range Rovers/Land Rovers were the most unreliable of all which was annoying as the Land Rover is my fav 4x4 and I wanted one :(

I don't think leasing helps when you have warranty issues, I've tried quite hard to either return the Transit Customs as unfit for purpose or at least try and get some credit for the time that they have been sat at Ford and have not really had any success.
The local Ford dealer are absolute muppets, a decent dealer may have been able to resolve the longstanding issues much more efficiently. But, strangely enough my Mustang went there for it's first service and they couldn't be more helpful, perhaps they just treat van drivers like idiots?

All modern pickups look pig ugly to me, although the Ford slightly less so. From the side they always look like the designers of the cab and the back never spoke until they stuck their respective bits on a chassis.

When you look back at the yank pickups from the 60s and 70s the styling just looks so right. Guess I'm getting old

I don't think leasing helps when you have warranty issues, I've tried quite hard to either return the Transit Customs as unfit for purpose or at least try and get some credit for the time that they have been sat at Ford and have not really had any success.
The local Ford dealer are absolute muppets, a decent dealer may have been able to resolve the longstanding issues much more efficiently. But, strangely enough my Mustang went there for it's first service and they couldn't be more helpful, perhaps they just treat van drivers like idiots?
I think you've hit the nail on the head there, they treat van drivers like idiots because they assume the driver isn't the customer, whereas with a car they're dealing with the retail customer. Not true I know and not right, but many of these numpties have no brain and no conscience

Agree, they treat lease vehicles and drivers like crap, I think that's universal across all brands though, not just a Ford thing.

My VW rep swears he only makes £250 per van that I lease, they work on very small margins if so. I've seen a used Crafter Luton at the dealer that ticks a few boxes, again he says I can have it at cost plus £500 and can prove what they paid for it, again very small margins even on direct sales.

Ford Ranger Raptor 2018 review | Autocar

Only tows 2.5tonne, payload less than 1000kg; no VAT reclaim........
Gutless engine; no use of 4WD under normal road driving...

I Think Ford have gone MAD, this is not a serious commercial vehicle at all; but it does look pretty:rolleyes:

I think there will be very low sales volumes for this

I don't think Ford will exist in 5 years. I'd like to see Tesla Inc acquire it.
I've always thought Tesla would join with a mainstream producer, but Elon seems to be acting a little strange recently; and any lead Tesla has, is being reduced consistently. Jaguars I-Pace is taking some serious forward orders apparently; and most of the big boys have got EV & Hybrids offering coming in 2019 or soon after. mmmmmm

Ford Ranger Raptor 2018 review | Autocar

Only tows 2.5tonne, payload less than 1000kg; no VAT reclaim........
Gutless engine; no use of 4WD under normal road driving...

I Think Ford have gone MAD, this is not a serious commercial vehicle at all; but it does look pretty:rolleyes:

I think there will be very low sales volumes for this

These won't be used a Serious Commercial vehicles, they will be be like the HSV Utes, just for play and looks.

I wouldn't be surprised if they offer a 5 litre Coyote engine in the future that is the same as the current RHD Mustang.

While i'm thinking about it, i'm surprised that VW haven't released a Crafter with the Amorak V6

I hate underpowered vehicles with a passion, every new car i've ordered as always been the highest engine spec available.

These won't be used a Serious Commercial vehicles, they will be be like the HSV Utes, just for play and looks.

I wouldn't be surprised if they offer a 5 litre Coyote engine in the future that is the same as the current RHD Mustang.
Then it would make far more sense, but not sure the 2litre will attract the many leisure buyers in the UK for this kind of vehicle.
We will see. It certainly has lots of show room appeal

With the demise of the Holden ute, that would be a good move for th Australian market, though ADRs and import costs mean it will probably never happen.
For the rest of the world, I’m still not sure. Even the full size Raptor (as apposed to a Ranger in Raptor trim) is now a V6, unfortunately.

I don't know if a petrol only version would work in the UK yet, but Ford have a fabulous 2.3 ecoboost 370hp engine, now that might excite a few leisure buyers:D

I have V6 with Pendle remap it’s good for sure runs very close to the wire on boost with creep and seems to regen a lot but it’s insanely fast Toasted a Lexus with it earlier today 3238D37F-DE16-4962-8F10-EC694646B8BC.jpeg7AA3BE95-2C2C-46E6-982D-635947ED92BB.jpeg

Back