ApplePlay 2018 Discover Navigation Unit

timmy M

Quick question!
I have a 2018 Caravelle and was unlucky enough to have the Discovery Media Navigation unit stolen the other night…..rip off the fascia, 4 torx screws and 20 seconds later he was off!!…all caught on camera but I’m sure nothing will come of it.
I bought the Caravelle in 2020, advertised as having ApplePlay and indeed I’ve used ApplePlay successfully for the last 3 years.
The new unit has been activated for CarPlay but will not recognise the phone / shuts down.
The VW TTEC chap said the USB port - 510035726 - is not Apple compatible and the car never had ApplePlay!…I’m sure 510035726 is actually the specific ApplePlay USB port! My USB ports have the green connector suggesting they are Apple compatible. As I say I’d used ApplePlay successfully for the last 3 years with the old unit.
Can I ask -
1. Was ApplePlay a genuine VW option in 2018 - they are trying to say it was aftermarket which I’m sure it wasn’t. Just in case insurance company don’t play game.
2. Do members think it is “just” a programming issue for the new unit that may be the issue?
Thanks
Tim

Mines a 2015 with discovery media unit and it has CarPlay, I’ve not noticed the green usb ports? Maybe a later addition

It was an option from factory , so you needed to tick the box . but many have been activated by guys advertising on places like FB etc so won’t be on their system A6708364-93F8-4FAA-B9BD-47D95D707615.jpeg

Here is a picture of the correct one to confirm

Back