uprated rear spring rubber bushes

Mixersmate

VIP Member
T6 Guru
Morning all -

Has anyone had any joy with aftermarket rear spring rubbers?

I'm getting around 7/8 months out of a set, its always the passenger side that starts to squeak first!

THQ have uprated ones on their website but out of stock, hopefully someone has a link to some they can recommend?

Powerflex have a set on their website but after speaking with Steve from CRS earlier this week they are the ones he knocked back.

Thanks.

Go for the powerlfex bushes- nothing wrong with them. We’ve fitted well over 200 sets now with zero issues. Will cure all your creaks and bangs. Lifetime warranty too.

Last edited:
Go for the powerlfex bushes- nothing wrong with them. We’ve fitted well over 200 sets now with zero issues. Will cure all your creaks and bangs. Lifetime warranty too.

Thanks Oli, just to confirm you are referring to the powerflex rear spring rubbers and not bushes?

Cheers,

So far I have 60K out of the OEM and still good condition on a stock T32. Are OEM rubber spring seats failing?

So far I have 60K out of the OEM and still good condition on a stock T32. Are OEM rubber spring seats failing?

From chatting with Steve and various posts on the forum its seems to be a common issue with STX coilovers and standard VW rear spring rubbers, the last set he swapped for me had totally worn through

No on standard suspension the rear bushes are fine.
From chatting with Steve and various posts on the forum its seems to be a common issue with STX coilovers and standard VW rear spring rubbers, the last set he swapped for me had totally worn through
Yes all Coilovers wear the lower rear rubbers at an accelerated rate

I'm about to replace the rear springs and shocks on my ex RAC T6 T32 that has done around 140k. I need to buy the rear spring rubbers and just wanted to know if it's worth buying uprated ones? I'm fitting standard springs and shocks.

I'm about to replace the rear springs and shocks on my ex RAC T6 T32 that has done around 140k. I need to buy the rear spring rubbers and just wanted to know if it's worth buying uprated ones? I'm fitting standard springs and shocks.
I would strongly suggest fitting standard rubbers if you have standard springs , we didnt like the powerflex ones at all, sad because I actually commissioned them to make them . I sent the specification i wanted them to make for me , but they got clever and made it to their own spec and its flawed in my humble opinion , we purchased a few hundred and ended up returning them .
If you want aftermarket ones get the T H Q ones much better design and pretty much the same as the ones i wanted powerflex to make for me .

Thanks for the reply, I've gone for a set of standard ones and saved myself a few £'s, which I'm sure I'll spend on something else very quickly.

Hola Amigos -

THQ's uprated rear spring rubbers are still showing out of stock on the THQ website but they are now back in stock in their ebay store.

Just search 'VW T5 / T6 Transporter HEAVY DUTY Rear Lower Spring Rubbers - Pair (PU)' on ebay if you have been waiting for a set. Mine are en route.

Cheers,

For anyone who is interested these are the old ones that have been removed (genuine VW ones)

They’ve had about ten months use.

Big should out to Gerry at Century Cars in Caistor for swapping them out for me.

B8815CBD-4065-4637-85D3-DF1A91F4BB47.jpeg114650FB-2FA4-4CD9-B63D-9790947D52BC.jpeg

Do they squeak? Heard poly bushes can cause friction noise

How easy are these to fit, as called round local garages and on one will fit customer supplied parts! I have the heavy duty THQ ones.

Easy....wheel off and take the bottom bolt out of the shock. That should give you enough slack on the spring change the lower rubber.

Back