Unwin Rails

Neilson

Precision Engineer
VIP Member
T6 Pro
I've just received some Unwin Rails to fit my RnR bed. Has anyone fitted these and has any pointers?

Happy with fitting the brackets to the bed and the rails should be ok, as long as they miss everything vital underneath.

I've just received some Unwin Rails to fit my RnR bed. Has anyone fitted these and has any pointers?

Happy with fitting the brackets to the bed and the rails should be ok, as long as they miss everything vital underneath.

Did you buy the kit they do?

I did. It comes with all the nuts, bolts and plates. I'll post some pictures as I go.

Just wondered if anyone else has fitted them?

@Neilson did you fit?

I am looking at koller/unwin, not purchased yet. What hoops to go through to fit?
Yes I have fitted, there's some photos in my build thread. There were no major issues and it works well. Once you have the bed fitted, due to the weight it's a push to move it. So if you want the flexibility but don't plan to move it every day it's definitely worth it.

Hi I’ve seen this unwin sliding bracket on a original transporter Bench seat...Just wondering who and where I can have them fitted from anybody have any ideas.

1D03CD39-6ED2-485A-9F1A-5ECCCA359511.png

Evening all,

I'm wanting to fit unwin rails to my floor, then fit my roll and roll bed to them with quick release attachments, so I am able to move it backwards and forwards to where I want.

Can I fit them ontop of the carpet, or is it best to pull up the carpet, the ply floor, and fit them direct the van floor, then cut the ply I took out and fit it around the rails?

Thx in advance.

Usually you have a slot in the floor, and the rails sit through the slot direct onto the van floor. There are flanges on the top of the rails that are then on top of the ply surface.

They usually get drilled through floor then use little spreader plates & nuts to secure.
For tidy 'flush' install you usually get slots cut in the ply floor.
But you can also get surface mounted but they would stick up about 3cm so might be annoying.

I'm just fixing some to my van but on the side walls & ceiling so I can easily hang my paddle board etc.

Just out of interest, what seat are you planning to use with the unwin tails?

Just out of interest, what seat are you planning to use with the unwin tails?
Hi steve, I will be fitting a rock and roll bed too them so I can slide it forward when grandkids are in and right to the back when I need to get my go kart in through back doors.

I don't know the answer to this but it came to mind; Are sliding seats in Unwin rails crash tested?

Should be as unwin is used for movable seating on coaches, mini buses & wav disbility vehicles.

Some of the most expensive sliding seat systems now by remo are bonded using no screws! But only fitted by select installers. They must use chemical adhesives?

Back