Neilson

Precision Engineer
VIP Member
T6 Pro
Been around the forum for a bit but not really posted much. I've been researching mainly for my camper/Day van project so thought I'd start a project thread.

The plan is get the roof fitted then do the rest myself. I'm waiting for date for that so thought I'd make a start stripping her out;

Needs a clean but this is what i started with;
IMG_9175.JPG

Start of the strip;

IMG_9171.JPG

Seats are going off for covering on Monday when the bed arrives;

IMG_9174.JPG

Good luck with the conversion and look forward to the progress and pictures . :thumbsup:

Sorry about the nightime shot but it's the only time I get to work on it at the moment.

Lower dash is off, leisure battery and charger, reverse camera and speaker upgrade going in. It's so much easier now the dash is off but it took a while. I'm used to classic minis where 3 screws removes the whole dash in one!

File 08-02-2018, 08 18 56.jpeg

Sorry about the nightime shot but it's the only time I get to work on it at the moment.

Lower dash is off, leisure battery and charger, reverse camera and speaker upgrade going in. It's so much easier now the dash is off but it took a while. I'm used to classic minis where 3 screws removes the whole dash in one!

View attachment 17843
Did someone mention Classic Minis :tongue bounce:

Slide1.JPG

Nice, any excuse!!!

IMGP0504.JPG

Unfortunately I don't have one anymore. Maybe once the Camper is done. The missus would kill me if I took on another project.

Tad high for my likeing , Engine? not sure my wife would be impressed if I put another in the garage

Managed to get some work done this week in the evenings. Rear camera installed, that was fun drilling the extra hole for the cables!

IMG_9294.JPG IMG_9295.JPG IMG_9359.JPG

Speaker upgrade nearly finished, just need to finish the drivers side. Waiting on new door clip clips to replace the cards as I snapped a few!!

IMG_9357.JPG

When I removed the bulkhead brackets I noticed some surface rust so ground that back with a flap disk and painted over. Probably wouldn't have made a difference but no reason not to before I fit the floor.

IMG_9358.JPG

Should finish the rest of the front electric install this week including the leisure battery kit. Then the rest of the dash can go back on.

Finished fitting the electrics this week. Also cleaned and re-fitted the front floor so I could stick the double swivel down. Waiting for the seats to come back now. I'm a bit worried the battery is too high now after reading another thread. I'll see when the seats are back.

The dash would have gone back on but I'm expecting a package from @Pauly on Monday that will keep me busy for the rest of the week!!

IMG_9379.JPG

Currently 'modding' the dash to fit the shiny new glove box and surrounds. Very tempted to try and take the top dash out and get it trimmed to match my seats. A bridge too far me thinks!

Dash mod underway. Trimmed all the parts just cutting the dash up now :(. Should be finished tonight. I’ve gone for dark grey, which is actually called piano black? Work that one out!

img_9468.jpg

img_9469.jpg o_O

This looks like a proper job and going to look great, looking forward to seeing the finished job as well as watching the project.

Been a quiet couple of weeks. There's been a delay with the roof so I'm pottering for a bit as everything is on hold for a minute. My VCDS turned up so managed to activate the rear camera and add a few weeks thanks to @Loz VCDS thread, thanks for that.

Cut the ply rear floor and drilled the holes for the Unwin seat rails in the floor. Sounds like I'm driving a colander now! :confused: Can't bolt it all down until the linings done, which is waiting for the roof!!

IMG_9652.JPG

Not updated this for a while as theres been a lot happening. Finally got the roof fitted by Uberbus. the delay wasn't their fault just the supply from SCA.

First job was to cut and fit the windows.

IMG_9899.JPG
The worst but was drilling the first holes!

IMG_9904.JPG IMG_9946.JPG IMG_9948.JPG IMG_9970.JPG

Back