Unfriendly Transporter Drivers

Got a 75% return over the weekend. 4 waves offered, 3 returners. 1 from a T6, 2 from T5’s, and the ignoramous was a T6!
That's made me laugh DB.........we're keeping "statistacs" (sic) now! In WYFRS we loved our graphs and pie charts. Nobody took any notice of them but it was great to have walls covered in them. Many years ago, I had a very statistics orientated Stn Mgr.....he loved his charts. He never noticed though when we put a special "pie" chart up on his wall.....only this one consisted of everyone's pie preferences, ie chicken pie/steak and kidney/beef and mushroom/pork....etc, etc! Ah well, it made us giggle! :)

That's made me laugh DB.........we're keeping "statistacs" (sic) now! In WYFRS we loved our graphs and pie charts. Nobody took any notice of them but it was great to have walls covered in them. Many years ago, I had a very statistics orientated Stn Mgr.....he loved his charts. He never noticed though when we put a special "pie" chart up on his wall.....only this one consisted of everyone's pie preferences, ie chicken pie/steak and kidney/beef and mushroom/pork....etc, etc! Ah well, it made us giggle! :)
Awesome. I’m a blue energy so love my statistics and all that jazz. Maybe that’s what got me to GM? You know what they say, “there’s lies, damn lies, and statistics”!

This was very near to Galicia but not quite; Asturias.
Having lived in Galicia for a fair few years, that whole top Northern coast and mountain area is my favourite part of Spain.
I’ll be there through March and in Portugal from Jan till then

Having lived in Galicia for a fair few years, that whole top Northern coast and mountain area is my favourite part of Spain.
I’ll be there through March and in Portugal from Jan till then
Hmm that's timely, I've just today been kicking round the idea of taking a break around late Jan to mid Feb along the northern Spanish coast and dipping in to Portugal. Probably only for about 10 days though, which with travelling and ferry time would mean 7 days van time. Could I get to some decent places in that time? Would the weather then be enough of an improvement over UK to be worth it? I realise a bit longer and a month or two later would be better but that will prob not be an option.

Hmm that's timely, I've just today been kicking round the idea of taking a break around late Jan to mid Feb along the northern Spanish coast and dipping in to Portugal. Probably only for about 10 days though, which with travelling and ferry time would mean 7 days van time. Could I get to some decent places in that time? Would the weather then be enough of an improvement over UK to be worth it? I realise a bit longer and a month or two later would be better but that will prob not be an option.

I will be driving to Portugal it will take me a couple of days without bashing my brains out , the weather will be much much better and really warm so yes well worth it, Portugal is the warmest that I and others have found in January through.
Northern Spanish coast can be good or can be very wet, as the weather is very english like, from the Portuguese Spanish border at Tui and Vigo it will be good then if you drive the coastal motorway up via La Coruńa and along through Asturias it can be wet then up near to San Sebastian good weather, we were there last year on the way up-from Portugal and it was beautiful warm sunny weather, which ran all up through to Brittany.
But can’t guarantee it, hopefully it will be as I’ll be down at Alfor Portugal in January then Galicia in March.

I will be driving to Portugal it will take me a couple of days without bashing my brains out , the weather will be much much better and really warm so yes well worth it, Portugal is the warmest that I and others have found in January through.
Northern Spanish coast can be good or can be very wet, as the weather is very english like, from the Portuguese Spanish border at Tui and Vigo it will be good then if you drive the coastal motorway up via La Coruńa and along through Asturias it can be wet then up near to San Sebastian good weather, we were there last year on the way up-from Portugal and it was beautiful warm sunny weather, which ran all up through to Brittany.
But can’t guarantee it, hopefully it will be as I’ll be down at Alfor Portugal in January then Galicia in March.
Thanks, useful info :thumbsup:

Went out for a drive in mine yesterday and on the way back saw a T6 commingled the other way thing it was a transporter people carrier. Gave them a flash of my lights and got blanked, if I see them again I'll give them the bird :mad:

I got the same today, the local vw club having a meeting on the sea front, I may have seen some stickers change hands to !!
Anyway as they all filtered into the road my arm was up that long waving I felt like royalty, as my daughter says I was pied by all of them .
Maybe it's because I hadn't joined the gathering, didn't really go in for all that when I had my split screen either. Maybe they had T6 envy .

Back