Unfriendly Transporter Drivers

Back to unfriendly Transporter drivers, just seen an absolute goon in a 16 plate black T6, Black alloys, LED headlights, de-badged, driving like a right tool. Pretty sure I’ve seen him before going the other way driving very badly too. Clearly a low power one as I easily passed him on an overtaking section in my Cali.

I see too many aggro drivers in new Transporters; gives them a thug image.

Sadly seeing too many examples of this recently, some ridiculous cutting up and tailgating driving from some absolute tw@ts driving T6s. We’re going to be grouped with Audi and RR Sport drivers at this rate!

I wonder if there is geographical element to the Transporter, ' community '.
My little corner of our great nation is not a particularly inspiring one.
We are fortunate in terms of our acsess to major roads and their connection to most big cities, and with this comes plenty of businesses, but thats about it.
No coastline, forests, hills, lakes etc, so not huge swathes of people flocking here to walk, camp, climb, cycle, surf, swim or recharge their souls.
People just aren't as friendly as they used to be anyway.
I've always loved connecting to people, even its just for a few moments whilst queing to use the cashpoint, but more and more, I find people suspicious and reluctant to want to engage with people they dont know, which I think is sad as it stunts our ability to grow intelletually.
This also seems to he the case with our ability to debate different opinions and veiw points, which seems now to be limited to, ' if you don't agree with me you must be stupid '.

I sadly agree .50.

I think it’s partly the isolating impact of social media and screen culture, partly an increase in selfishness and hate as demonstrated by right wing factions. We blame immigrants for our woes while ignoring vile corporations who actually run and rip off our nation, we blame those on benefits while conveniently overlooking horrific public sector greed and financial waste.

Empathy seems to be disappearing, blame culture is getting worse, those that make a few quid (sadly that is often T6 owners) feel the World owes them a favour for “working hard”- career success is largely down to luck. Some get lucky, some work their butts off and get paid naff all; the Daily Mail is their mouthpiece.

It’s a shame.

I sadly agree .50.

I think it’s partly the isolating impact of social media and screen culture, partly an increase in selfishness and hate as demonstrated by right wing factions. We blame immigrants for our woes while ignoring vile corporations who actually run and rip off our nation, we blame those on benefits while conveniently overlooking horrific public sector greed and financial waste.

Empathy seems to be disappearing, blame culture is getting worse, those that make a few quid (sadly that is often T6 owners) feel the World owes them a favour for “working hard”- career success is largely down to luck. Some get lucky, some work their butts off and get paid naff all; the Daily Mail is their mouthpiece.

It’s a shame.

I agree with a lot of what you say here, but as an example of how debate can help us understand anothers direction of travel, I'll tell you this.
I work in the constuction sector providing high end, mostly, carpentry installations, and over the last 10 years I have lost EVERY one of my customers to cheap contractors from Eastern Europe.
The ultimate irony of this is, I had to lay off the Polish chap who was working for me. And now to completely contradict myself, without these guys coming into UK, there would be a shortage of people to do these jobs.
But as you hinted on, super cheap labour doesn't equall a reduced cost end product, indeed, houses are more expensive than they've ever been.
Its another example of big companies exploiting workers.

I agree with a lot of what you say here, but as an example of how debate can help us understand anothers direction of travel, I'll tell you this.
I work in the constuction sector providing high end, mostly, carpentry installations, and over the last 10 years I have lost EVERY one of my customers to cheap contractors from Eastern Europe.
The ultimate irony of this is, I had to lay off the Polish chap who was working for me. And now to completely contradict myself, without these guys coming into UK, there would be a shortage of people to do these jobs.
But as you hinted on, super cheap labour doesn't equall a reduced cost end product, indeed, houses are more expensive than they've ever been.
Its another example of big companies exploiting workers.
It's a tricky one and no doubt there are downsides but having worked with Poles and Romanians in the past, the majority of them work like absolute trojans and the grim truth is, they do stuff Brits cannot be bothered to do like picking crops. I think what happens is though is immigrants end up shouldering the blame for all our economic woes of which there are plenty - they are not killing our economy, they mostly enhance it.

What is killing our economy is offshore investments to avoid tax, massively overpaid Public sector "management" staff (a the last count there were 8,000 NHS managers who aren't trained in medicine on over £100k a year), tragically poor procurement practices, over reliance of awful firms like G4S and Serco to run half the public sector, banks getting away with near murder after crashing the economy, developers basically owning the housing market; the list is enormous.

We are a daft nation that thinks hedging all our bets on finance and artificially inflated house prices is a good idea even when it bites us on the backside while failing to do stuff we are actually good at - making things, growing things and thinking up great ideas. If the public could be given some actual ownership of the country (a hugely flawed voting system is NOT a proper democracy) we might get back to being a great nation.

One thing is for sure, I get 90% return rate from the T3 crowd.. even when I forget that I’m driving the wife’s golf, or my fireblade, they wave back!

I have a major soft spot for the T25/3.
Far far “cooler” than the Splitty or Bay and with Syncro, just AWESOME.

Agreed, I love the T3 Syncro. Every time I watch CampervanCulture.com channel I end up scouring Ebay.

On last years trip I met a guy with the coolest one I have seen. Raised, proper wheels and tyres, lovely wood interior and the exact same engine as in our Subaru as the original one had died; not exactly a beast but 165bhp of ultra reliable Agricultural grade mechanicals. Absolutely loved it!!

Only him and us could get to an awesome spot right by the cliffs; proper 4wd only territory.

On last years trip I met a guy with the coolest one I have seen. Raised, proper wheels and tyres, lovely wood interior and the exact same engine as in our Subaru as the original one had died; not exactly a beast but 165bhp of ultra reliable Agricultural grade mechanicals. Absolutely loved it!!

Only him and us could get to an awesome spot right by the cliffs; proper 4wd only territory.

Galicia ?

I got a wave from a Vito this morning - well I say wave but it looked liked some kind of surfer/hippy style hand gesture - he got a thumbs up back lol

41D30B1E-188F-4C08-97AB-C7E9D3AE9963.jpeg

039EBB26-EE6C-48B6-BA39-04A7360AE8F6.png

I got a wave this morning from a guy in a works van and I felt terrible for not waving :oops:

So a few more hundred yards along the road and there was a mid roof combi so I gave the guy a wave and he blanked me :D

I give up,I'm just going wave at fit birds from now on :D

Got a 75% return over the weekend. 4 waves offered, 3 returners. 1 from a T6, 2 from T5’s, and the ignoramous was a T6!

I'm off to Cornwall for a few days surfing tomorrow,I will wave at them all and see how it goes

Back