Whilst doing various jobs on both the T5 and the T6 I have had chance to take some not very good pictures of the centre water tanks fitted to both. The T5 is five years old and the T6 (Euro5) is two years old.

full.jpg
full.jpg
full.jpg
full.jpg

Neither of these have given any problems.

I hope that this will allay fears about melted water tanks.

Rod

Do Autosleepers still convert on the Euro6 T6? If so what do they do as that tank is what they used previously?

Rod

@T5HaLa very nice!

Is that a third tank in the top right of the last photo?

How are you configured? 1 waste tank? No waste tank?

Where are you bringing your pipes into your van?

third tank in the top right is a CAK 21L tank below sliding door:
his disadvantages are: no cleaning opening; difficult to mount ; direct contact to heating pipes required heat shield
All 3 are fresh water tanks, They are inteded mainly for shower, but usage might be flexible.
Because fault of level sensors or "dived" pumps would cause demounting of tanks
it was decided to mount this outside:
- external membran suction pump with filter
- Gardena Flow measurement during filling
Picture will follow next article

Newbie question. Is the underslung tank for fresh water? Is so where are you placing the waste tank?
I have two tanks under my van now. I bought the two from AutoCraft.

There’s a big 60L that wraps around the spare wheel that I use as fresh water. I fed the filling pipe up the left barn door pillar with a stainless-steel boat-style filler (they’re smaller than the locking plastic ones). It’s only accessible when the doors are open so locking isn’t a big deal for me. I also have my breather pipe going to a little higher in the same spot. Others have done similar to the right hand barn door pillar which would be a better and shorter pipe run, but I have the extra exhaust filter thing that prevented me going that way.

Then there’s the 30L long thin tank that fits down the middle of the van (next to the exhaust and main exhaust filter thing that all the vans have). I use this as my waste.

I have two tanks under my van now. I bought the two from AutoCraft.

There’s a big 60L that wraps around the spare wheel that I use as fresh water. I fed the filling pipe up the left barn door pillar with a stainless-steel boat-style filler (they’re smaller than the locking plastic ones). It’s only accessible when the doors are open so locking isn’t a big deal for me. I also have my breather pipe going to a little higher in the same spot. Others have done similar to the right hand barn door pillar which would be a better and shorter pipe run, but I have the extra exhaust filter thing that prevented me going that way.

Then there’s the 30L long thin tank that fits down the middle of the van (next to the exhaust and main exhaust filter thing that all the vans have). I use this as my waste.

That is more or less how I have done mine both past & present. I use the VW California filer and EHU input combined unit modified to allow for connecting a pipe behind the left inner panel and then down to the large pipe connection on the Autocraft (Amber Plastics) rear tank. There is a picture back on page one of this thread.

you must keep your stored water below 20 degrees to keep it clear of legionella. but over that is ok to drink just don't get the water air born or use in a shower or spray outlets on taps. Breathing the mist / vapor in is the problem
and disinfect water storage containers regularly

rinse your Home shower heads returning back from holidays. you went away leaving it full of hot water.

that cough or cold you picked up on the plan hmmm.... could of been from your shower when you got home.

Stay Safe

Back