Under passenger seat fuse for 12 cig lighter

jordanL

Hi, my 12v cig lighter doesn't work and I believe there's a fuse box for this under the passenger seat. I can see some wiring and blocks and they seem fixed to under the seat.
Are there fuses in there and how do I access them?
I've checked other locations for the fuses and they seem fine.
Thanks.IMG_20240108_135924.jpg

What generation and type of van do you have?

Those are not fuse boxes those are the coupling points between the front and rear wiring looms.

19 plate conversion, has a passenger swivel base so was thinking something may have been modified.
I think I've just seen on another thread something similar and there's possibly fuses in another location under the seat.

Also worth asking which 12v socket? The base vans will tend to have 2 in the front (one by gear lever/selector, one on dash top) but more are possible and if it's been converted others could have been added.

OK thanks. It's 5 speed manual.. Yes base socket by gear stick and additional in the rear. They did blow a while ago and apparently got sorted and I'm sure he said fuses were under a seat, I'll have another look later.

Generally the gear stick is fed from the starter and is likely to be original to the van, if you've been converted then anything in the rear I would expect to be additional on off whatever fuse box was fitted as part of that and your leisure battery.

Back