T6 "Hidden" Fuses?

Mickpembo

Hi all, Discovered bent contacts (now fixed) on a disconnected interior light fitting on a recent T6 purchase, plugged it back in (before the repair) and now have a blown fuse, back lights have also stopped working. Checked and located the fuses under bonnet and near glove box. All these fuses are okay. Have been told that their is a fuse(s) under passenger seat with wiring looms. Located the wiring but no fuses. Any one know where I might find any other "hidden fuses"? 2018 T6 Edition. Photos attached of under seat wiring. Thanks in advance.IMG_1171.jpegIMG_1172.jpeg

The fuses under the passenger seat are not hidden, if you have them they'll be for dash aux power sockets, towbar electrics, diesel heater and stuff like that.

If your interior lights and rear lights are not working then it's this fuse 7.5a 5th up from the bottom in the left hand column. If the fuse is intact, you might need to reset the BCM.. Remove the -ve battery connection for a couple of minutes

This Fuse.jpg

The fuses under the passenger seat are not hidden, if you have them they'll be for dash aux power sockets, towbar electrics, diesel heater and stuff like that.

If your interior lights and rear lights are not working then it's this fuse 7.5a 5th up from the bottom in the left hand column. If the fuse is intact, you might need to reset the BCM.. Remove the -ve battery connection for a couple of minutes

View attachment 187746
Thanks for you quick reply. So just disconnect the negative on the battery, I wont lose any settings or radio codes... ? Thanks

Thanks for you quick reply. So just disconnect the negative on the battery, I wont lose any settings or radio codes... ? Thanks
There are no settings or codes in the radio that will be lost apart from the comfort closing on the windows. When done wind drivers window to top, let go of the button and lift it again for a couple of seconds. Do the same going down this will reset the one touch opening and closing.

those are the standard loom connection points,

normally in the passenger seat base. . .

but looks like they have been moved under the carpet and a double seat swivel plate has been fitted.

1676044689040.png

++++

as @Deaky says the fuse is under the dash panel.

Yes its a camper conversion. Re checked the fuses turns out there is a 5amp in that spot blown. I'll pick up some fuses tomorrow and hopefully that will sort it. Thanks again.

The real 'hidden fuses' are in the E box below the engine battery. No not the ones that you can see just behind the slam panel the E box is under the plastic cover which in turn is under the battery support plate and contains the engine ECU and various fuses and relays. It's placed there to keep playing fingers out!

Hi all, Discovered bent contacts (now fixed) on a disconnected interior light fitting on a recent T6 purchase, plugged it back in (before the repair) and now have a blown fuse, back lights have also stopped working. Checked and located the fuses under bonnet and near glove box. All these fuses are okay. Have been told that their is a fuse(s) under passenger seat with wiring looms. Located the wiring but no fuses. Any one know where I might find any other "hidden fuses"? 2018 T6 Edition. Photos attached of under seat wiring. Thanks in advance.View attachment 187742View attachment 187743
What‘s the bent axis screwdriver for?

Yes its a camper conversion. Re checked the fuses turns out there is a 5amp in that spot blown. I'll pick up some fuses tomorrow and hopefully that will sort it. Thanks again.
There are no settings or codes in the radio that will be lost apart from the comfort closing on the windows. When done wind drivers window to top, let go of the button and lift it again for a couple of seconds. Do the same going down this will reset the one touch opening and closing.
Thanks Deaky, all sorted

Back