Tyre Width?

If I was you I’d go for 265/40/20 all round.... 275/40/20 on an 8.5” front is too wide. Mine are 8.5” on the front and the tyre bulges compared to the rear.

Have you any pictures of these?

I was just thinking the bulge would stop kerbing them as I will eventually use it as a works van. I kept the my cadyy because the t6 is just too good to use for work lol wife was not impressed though! Drive is full...

Last edited by a moderator:
Check out this thread on ‘Show Us Your T6’
Show us your 20"s (Team 20"s)
If you look on page 5 of the thread.... @ChrisR actual van is on there.... running 265/40/20 on his T32 :thumbsup:

They were my second choice of alloys too..
Cheers. I think i can get them in the correct load rating too. Silver on blackberry will add a bit of bling..

I have never know so many tyre combinations on a vehicle..

Thanks @T6ARF for the recommendations!

@Cjscos I can definitely help you here. I’ll send you a PM in the morning with some further details.

If and when my new T6.1 arrives I'm considering putting some 18's on it. What is the thinnest tyre I can put on it? Yes you heard right, thinnest. I run all season tyres, and the wider you go, the less effective the tyre becomes in the snow, also more rubber = more fuel used.

If you’ve T30/32 I think you have to go 255/45/18. I’ve found bigger wheels /tyres really slow these vans Down. Sluggish feeling ?. 235/50/18 was the biggest I was happy with.

I spoke to a guy at the mot station the other week. He was having his t6 done and he did complain how much power the 20s had taken from the vehicle. I am not sure what bhp it was....mine is a 140

What powers is yours

I had a 102 T28 tT5.1 . 235/50/18 was certainly the biggest I would go. Currently in. T6.1 150 dsg. Stock 215/65/16 all weather tyres on clayton alloys. Goes like shit off a shovel in comparison . Probably will at some point go 18s again but no bigger .

I think I will stick with the stock 17's. I can fit the tyres I want and not lose power or mpg which is key for me, and quite frankly I don't give a monkey's about "the look" anyway.

Yeah mines a work, every day vehicle. If it was purely recreational I might pimp it up with 19/20 inchers . Also tyre wear gets worse with bigger tyres I found on these vans. I do quite fancy a set of 1form edt1 19 inchers though

Yeah mines a work, every day vehicle. If it was purely recreational I might pimp it up with 19/20 inchers . Also tyre wear gets worse with bigger tyres I found on these vans. I do quite fancy a set of 1form edt1 19 inchers though
Do it, mine is an everyday work van ....

IMG_6301 2.JPG

Sometimes .......

Van.png

Back