Twin-Adjust-Projekt-Sensitiv (Eibach + Koni) comfort coilovers?

Hi, I am running a T32 Highline empty most of the time with the standard suspension and wheels. What would be the most comfortable set up for wheel size and suspension set up?

Hi Bing,

The Twin Adjust Projekt Coilovers would offer you the most comfortable set up in terms of suspension, although unfortunately the T32 variant is currently not available.

The T32 model has a different hub assembly, and Koni has never offered that fitment due to the majority of multi vans in Europe being T30's. However, they are actually currently in development of the T32 front strut which we hoped to have been available in the next month or so. However, as you can imagine the Covid-19 crisis has delayed this somewhat.
If you are interested in these, please email us at: info@chillijamvans.co.uk and we can add you to our "interested list" and email you when we have more news on a launch date.

A great alternative that is available now if you can't wait for the TAPS comfort coilovers is by fitting some high quality lowering springs as long as your dampers are in good working order.

We fit a lot of the Eibach Comfort Adjustable sport springs to our Kombi and Camper conversions. These are the most comfortable lowering springs available for the Transporter. Offering superb ride quality, impressive build quality which suffers much less from spring sag and fracture to say H&R and of course has adjustability on the rear spring using a Bilstein B14 adjuster cup to compensate for different load weights in the rear of the van.

So these are essentially a product that sits between sports springs and full coilovers. At £530 inc Vat and Del, a good value option.

Link for T32:

In terms of wheels size, 18" is the optimum, however of course, 20's are very popular. For me they look great, but are a little too big as the profile of the tyre at say a 35 offers little in terms of comfort.

We've run our previous T32 Kombi Demo van on the above Eibach Comforts, a 19" alloy with 45mm profile tyre. Results were very impressive as these are basically focused more as a road lowering spring rather than a sports lowering spring. Very stable at speed, comfortable in and around town with the speed bumps and general poor road surface conditions and a noticeable reduction on body roll and pitch under braking.

Here is a pick of the T32 on the Eibach's and 19's.
Cherry-red-kombi-dsg-vw-t6-t5.jpgCherry-red-kombi-dsg-vw-t6-twin-sliding-doors.JPG

Hope that helps?

Stay Safe, from team Chilli.

@Chilli Jam Vans - I have my wheels just fitted yesterday, (20") and am now looking at sorting out the sag at the rear of the van.
I'm not desperately interested in lowering my T6 T32 but want to have good ride characteristics - it's a camper after all.

What's your recommendation for someone like myself that's only lowering because of the need to address the front vs rear ride heights?

(BTW I was unable to find any wheels in 19' that I liked with the appropriate load rating).

Thanks
Ollie

Hi Ollie,

Not sure if i've just replied to you via email, however, if not then I'd recommend the above mentioned Eibach Comfort adjustable lowering springs.
You will probably see around 45mm drop on the front depending on drivetrain variations, and then the rear can be adjusted to suit. As that reduced ride height is not over the 50mm mark then the standard dampers are suitably paired with the springs as long as they are in good working order.

The Comfort -2 spring set is rated for the T32 so you will have plenty of load capacity on these springs to compensate for your camper conversion. This will give you a very nice ride in terms of comfort, however still firm enough to reduced cornering body roll and pitch under braking which is especially noticeable in a heavy camper. They are not as firm as a sports spring like the original 30mm Eibach's or H&R, so probably best summed up as a road focused lowering spring rather than a sports lowering spring.

Of course if you want to give me a call tomorrow, then please feel free to do so.

Kind regards and stay safe.

Brett

@Chilli Jam Vans - I have my wheels just fitted yesterday, (20") and am now looking at sorting out the sag at the rear of the van.
I'm not desperately interested in lowering my T6 T32 but want to have good ride characteristics - it's a camper after all.

What's your recommendation for someone like myself that's only lowering because of the need to address the front vs rear ride heights?

(BTW I was unable to find any wheels in 19' that I liked with the appropriate load rating).

Thanks
Ollie
Ollie sorry to interject , I have just developed a solution that would work perfectly for you and its designed specifically for T 32 s I can supply a shock kit that will simply lower the front approx. 30 mm and leave the back exactly as is , we would need to see how much the rear is sagging after conversion. its also Important to note that springs cant lower a vehicle and increase comfort . this is because comfort is a function of the shock absorber so any changes you do keeping standard shocks will be disappointing
What I am suggesting is the same type of damper that Brett has in his kit , but we have the fitting kit for t32 and its specially made to lower the front a little
Could be the answer , First class shocks and the van levelled up with out the expense of a full kit and similar price to an adjustable spring kit . let me know if you need more info and pictures ,

Thanks
Ollie
I had a similar problem with my T28 with full camper conversion sagging at rear. I wanted to balance ride and although not a priority, I was also interested in a subtle drop in suspension height. Didn’t want to spend out on B14’s etc and wanted to avoid fitting sports springs alone. I went for Eibach comfort springs 1 supplied by Chilli Jam Vans. Just had them fitted and really pleased with result. Van rides really level and I am pleasantly surprised by quality of ride and the van definitely handles much better. I have attached photos before and after. Van is 2017 T28 Highline- 150hp.C05D0D2F-57F9-446E-83A0-9A051D759D44.jpeg68F5CBF3-FFAA-4DBC-A647-EAE2742E3C62.png

Last edited:
So, anybody got any updates on these coilovers as I like how they read and tempted for a 90mm drop off possible or would that compromise the komfort too much?

So, anybody got any updates on these coilovers as I like how they read and tempted for a 90mm drop off possible or would that compromise the komfort too much?
Hi,
We recently supplied a set of the Twin Adjust Projekt Max Low to a customer and he was delighted with the ride quality. Think he was running it pretty low too. PM me and I'll see if I can put you in touch with him to get his feedback on them.

Regards,
Brett

Hi Andy,

You still not sorted yet pal?

Currently £1190.00 inc VAT and delivery. Launch price is soon to end though.

PM me if you are interested and I'll forward on our nearest Twin Adjust dealers for you.

Hi,
We recently supplied a set of the Twin Adjust Projekt Max Low to a customer and he was delighted with the ride quality. Think he was running it pretty low too. PM me and I'll see if I can put you in touch with him to get his feedback on them.

Regards,
Brett
Have you got a photo of this van with this setup?

Back