Projekt Monotube

5n0wb0mb3r

VIP Member
T6 Guru
Hi guys,
My new van comes with Projekt Monotube coilovers on it.
Does anyone have any experience with these?
I'm told they're decent, but can't really find much info on them.
Cheers
Jim

I've only been out for a quick test drive in the van and it has 20s on. It was decent considering the state of the roads, seemed pretty forgiving.

I went with Twin Adjust Projekt Max Lows, eibach springs and the red koni shocks. I’m really happy, it was a toss up between a few of the mainstream ones, and I settled on these to get the drop I wanted. I’m running 370mm ride height approx, with 20’s on lower profile tyres and its night and day compared to crap bouncy, crashy, rolling stock shocks with lowering springs. Transformed the van. They’ve been on my van about 10 months and I’ve been all over on all types of roads and terrain and they’ve done me really well. I adjusted them once after several months, the collars and threads as expected needed a good squirt of wd40 and a wipe off 5-10 mins before adjusting but all went fine.

The only issue I had is that running 90-100ish mm down from stock the bump stops crashed into the arms, so I had to cut them off level.

Twin Project Monotube is a great setup built by guys with a wealth of experience with coilovers. You won’t be disappointed. Just make sure the alignment is spot on to get the best out of them.

I went with Twin Adjust Projekt Max Lows, eibach springs and the red koni shocks. I’m really happy, it was a toss up between a few of the mainstream ones, and I settled on these to get the drop I wanted. I’m running 370mm ride height approx, with 20’s on lower profile tyres and its night and day compared to crap bouncy, crashy, rolling stock shocks with lowering springs. Transformed the van. They’ve been on my van about 10 months and I’ve been all over on all types of roads and terrain and they’ve done me really well. I adjusted them once after several months, the collars and threads as expected needed a good squirt of wd40 and a wipe off 5-10 mins before adjusting but all went fine.

The only issue I had is that running 90-100ish mm down from stock the bump stops crashed into the arms, so I had to cut them off level.
Thanks @T6_FunBus
Hoping to do a bit of travelling with the kids.
So want something comfortable and reliable with the adjustability.

Twin Project Monotube is a great setup built by guys with a wealth of experience with coilovers. You won’t be disappointed. Just make sure the alignment is spot on to get the best out of them.
I'll be down for hunter alignment with you guys, probably for a remap too.

Back