Tuff Torque 17" with chunky tyres

Andytri

Hi guys, noob here! My T6 has low profile alloys that don't fill the arches and scuff every time I park. I'm in to the steel deep dish, 16/17" AT tyre look with wheels sticking out and tyres well beyond the rims...looking at tuff torque 17" w chunky tyres. How do I know what tyre will fit the arch? Has anyone tried these wheels?...there is so much info on the forum that I don't know where to start!! Thanks in advance!

Screenshot_20220312-173959.png

Perhaps you could start by playing with tyre size tool in Online Wheel and Tyre Fitment Calculator. Offset, Tyre Stretch and Speedo Error | Will They Fit.com

To me it looks like @Tourershine has done a lot experimenting with tyre sizes and If I'm not misinterpreting all the info, a kind of "maximum envelope" for the tyre is profile 255/45-19 with offset 45. By using these "parameters" you could verify your tyre/wheel combo does fit in the space.

Please check these threads/posts

For future reference please post your current - scuffing - tyre "parameters".

Hi guys, noob here! My T6 has low profile alloys that don't fill the arches and scuff every time I park. I'm in to the steel deep dish, 16/17" AT tyre look with wheels sticking out and tyres well beyond the rims...looking at tuff torque 17" w chunky tyres. How do I know what tyre will fit the arch? Has anyone tried these wheels?...there is so much info on the forum that I don't know where to start!! Thanks in advance!

View attachment 148901
Hi there
Thinking of these myself. How did you get on with them? Any recommendations on tyre size? Did you have any rubbing issues or excessive noise from the tyres?

J8mes I went to order them and they were not available in the deep dish size for the T6. in the end I went to Weller Wheels who made me 17x10.5" all round. They look amazing and no rubbing with 255/60 tyres on standard suspension. I shared the results with the forum - just look up 'Weller Wheels' you will find my posts

Thank you for the response, much appreciated. I'll look up your thread. What make of tyres did you go with? Any noise issues or fuel consumption info?

J8mes I went to order them and they were not available in the deep dish size for the T6. in the end I went to Weller Wheels who made me 17x10.5" all round. They look amazing and no rubbing with 255/60 tyres on standard suspension. I shared the results with the forum - just look up 'Weller Wheels' you will find my posts
Thank you for the response, much appreciated. I'll look up your thread. What make of tyres did you go with? Any noise issues or fuel consumption info?

Back