18" Tuff Torque with on-road tyres

stuartfras

2016 Trendline
T6 Pro
Hi folks, considering these for my van and can't find anything in the search function.

Was curious if anyone is running these with non-off road tyres. Basically I'd like to get my van mapped, it's a 5 speed and the 20" wheels I inherited are making me a bit nervous about torque.

Think they look good but photos without the swamper look seem to be very thin on the ground! Have however seen lots of the Amarok steels which seem to be quite difficult to come by and double the price.

Any photos/ advice greatly appreciated!

I've always fancied a set of those modular steels, but never gone for them, I'd be going for the ones available in et35 though and fitting a mild a/t tyre so can't help in the normal road tyre side of things.

Amarok steels are available new for a similar price to what 4x4 are charging for those though, no where near double?

There's a few other 18" steels to consider, the jbw ones in amarok style and the stitches and steel type ones, both et 40 18x8 (I think).

@minicharli is selling a set of amarok steels on here if of any interest to you.

I must be googling the wrong thing. Could only see 18" Amarok Steels on one website that seemed to be selling used ones with tyres! I'll keep looking.

Thanks for the heads up on JBW too!

@minicharli limits who can see their info and can't seem to find their listing!
I've always fancied a set of those modular steels, but never gone for them, I'd be going for the ones available in et35 though and fitting a mild a/t tyre so can't help in the normal road tyre side of things.

Amarok steels are available new for a similar price to what 4x4 are charging for those though, no where near double?

There's a few other 18" steels to consider, the jbw ones in amarok style and the stitches and steel type ones, both et 40 18x8 (I think).

@minicharli is selling a set of amarok steels on here if of any interest to you.

The genuine VW ones are only 7.5 wide and have a slightly different offset

Back