TSI: manual or DSG?

Just found this thread. For anyone searching about TSI info, on a 150 manual TSI with Revo, you'll go to around 305bhp but the clutch will probably slip. Any uprated Sachs Organic rated to 550nm will do the trick but its a little heavy underfoot but fine once you get used to it. Hope this helps anyone looking for TSI info.
Interested to know how good the gearbox is and how it handles more power long term

Interested to know how good the gearbox is and how it handles more power long term
Gearbox seems fine, very impressive through 2nd 3rd and 4th with the REVO. I'm on just over 40K and have had the REVO since I got the van at about 26k. If anyone has a TSI and hasn't had it mapped, I would say there is a massive world of performance and grins available. Mine was a manual 150hp Kombi so to double the power just with a stage 1 map is pretty incredible and just shows how restricted the engine was originally.

Gearbox seems fine, very impressive through 2nd 3rd and 4th with the REVO. I'm on just over 40K and have had the REVO since I got the van at about 26k. If anyone has a TSI and hasn't had it mapped, I would say there is a massive world of performance and grins available. Mine was a manual 150hp Kombi so to double the power just with a stage 1 map is pretty incredible and just shows how restricted the engine was originally.
Sounds good to me as I will be selling my Audi s5 sportback to buy a tsi,I need to get a kombi or put the seats in myself but they have to be a 2+1 in the rear so I can put a motorbike in if I when I need to and still be able to have the kids in the back

Im on 11k miles since remap and clutch behaving. IT barely gets thrashed as mainly with the family in it but when I do get the odd drive its fine. I like best for just being able to overtake stuff without really thinking about it where as before you would need to plan an overtake.

Back