TSI: manual or DSG?

Hi ,thinking of getting a t6 tsi but unsure if dsg or manual is going to best with coping with any power hikes in the future ,unsure how good the manual box is that they have used ,any advise would be great .

Your assuming you have the choice, TSI are not that common and becoming more desirable !

I've got a DSG Tsi with a pendle remap to around 300bhp and the gearbox works great with it. I don't think I would be too worried with either box to be honest as even with some fairly large power gains you still won't be at the torque figures of a 204 diesel which uses (as far as I'm aware) the same gearboxes.

Thanks for the reply’s guys ,I will see what I can get ,moving from an Audi s5 hence why I want to upgrade the power output

I've got a DSG Tsi with a pendle remap to around 300bhp and the gearbox works great with it. I don't think I would be too worried with either box to be honest as even with some fairly large power gains you still won't be at the torque figures of a 204 diesel which uses (as far as I'm aware) the same gearboxes.
Thanks ,what’s the 0-60 like ,I was going to go for a Pendal remap ,they did my old t5 and I got an extra 50bhp from it and it pulled like a train

Not sure to be honest never timed it, it's certainly impressive for a van. I would guess around 8 seconds or so, trying to put the power through the front wheels of a heavey vehicle feels like the limiting factor in getting a better time. Both pendle and revo will give around 300bhp with out any other mods.

I’ve got a manual and completely happy with it. If I had a choice of either at the same price I’d go for DSG, but it was another £4K when new so I went cheap!

Not sure to be honest never timed it, it's certainly impressive for a van. I would guess around 8 seconds or so, trying to put the power through the front wheels of a heavey vehicle feels like the limiting factor in getting a better time. Both pendle and revo will give around 300bhp with out any other mods.
I was going to do intake ,exhaust,front mount intercooler ,boost pipes and then get the remap

Mine lights up the traction control at the top of 1st, 2nd and 3rd. Manual all the way for me :p

I've got the manual and its booked in for the Pendle stage 1 remap. They say both engines give exactly the same power after the remap 304bhp.

Running big BHP will mean an uprated clutch on the manual. On the DSG just Chuck some TVS software in there and this will make the box behave so much better than factory.

It is! But not fuel efficient, obvs
I’m use to that I drive the s5 3 litre supercharged v6 everyday ,get 220-300 miles from a tank,I can drive back from London on half a tank of fuel but the rest will only last me a week going to work ,designed to be a motorway mile muncher

Just looked on the VW used van site and only 2 TSi's available nationwide!!

Back