TSI: manual or DSG?

Haha, why I snapped mine up. Didnt want LWB or silver but couldnt miss the Shuttle when it came up. I've got a manual with intercooler, boost hoses and REvo map. The map is the subtler one. Mine drives pretty much normal but will not hang about if needed. The clutch seems to be coping so far but I dare say any more power it would be struggling.

Its Funny seeing me on here as a new member when I'm a moderator on the VWT5 forum lol
I think lots of us have been on the T5 forum for varying amounts of time, i remember seeing plenty of your posts over there, if your hanging around for a while and want another mod badge then I’m sure we can discuss that when the time is right ;)

Well I’m embarrassed to say I leased a Ford Custom for 3 years which returns (thank god) in April next year so on the lookout for a new van. Only leased to see what VW was bringing out next but the new T7!! OMG what a piece of shite!! Would love a TSI or if not I’ll buy new!

I've got the manual and its booked in for the Pendle stage 1 remap. They say both engines give exactly the same power after the remap 304bhp.
Had it remapped yesterday at Pendle HQ on the rolling road 315bhp on a standard van. the graphs are on Pendles face book page.

Milltek exhaust sounds wicked on the TSi!
Leighton Vans have a video of one on a runway on YouTube

Mine is completely standard. Yeah sports exhaust sound nice but I just don't want the ear ache when on the motorway for hours.

No, that they are not. Out of interest how many miles do you get out of a tank?
Better late than never......manual TSi with a Pendle.......500 miles per tank mainly A roads and M Ways, 550 when just M Ways and had a 600 pootling around Scotland, I also swore I'd never own a DSG again out of warranty after a truly terrible experience with DSG in the past £££££

Just found this thread. For anyone searching about TSI info, on a 150 manual TSI with Revo, you'll go to around 305bhp but the clutch will probably slip. Any uprated Sachs Organic rated to 550nm will do the trick but its a little heavy underfoot but fine once you get used to it. Hope this helps anyone looking for TSI info.

Just found this thread. For anyone searching about TSI info, on a 150 manual TSI with Revo, you'll go to around 305bhp but the clutch will probably slip. Any uprated Sachs Organic rated to 550nm will do the trick but its a little heavy underfoot but fine once you get used to it. Hope this helps anyone looking for TSI info.
Not true, 40000 miles on a remapped TSI at this point including towing a caravan, original clutch and no slip, if you are having clutch slip you clearly don't understand how to drive a manual !

Not true, 40000 miles on a remapped TSI at this point including towing a caravan, original clutch and no slip, if you are having clutch slip you clearly don't understand how to drive a manual !
Well most of the manual vans that I have seen or heard of have slipped after a remap as they're being driven 'enthusiastically' and maybe not for towing a caravan? However maybe you are just a superior driver...with your caravan...

Last edited:
Well most off the manual vans that I have seen or heard of have slipped after a remap as they're being driven 'enthusiastically' and maybe not for towing a caravan? However maybe you are just a superior driver...with your caravan...
Clearly I am, appreciate the recognition :thumbsup:

I bet you "know how to drive in the snow" as well!
If you think how you drive can determine whether a clutch slips or not then you're wrong - once a clutch is engaged it can only slip if the torque it's trying to transmit overcomes its clamping force.
If you can use all the available power of your van in all circumstances and get zero slip then your clutch is doing a great job not you. If you can't use all the available power in all circumstances without getting slip then all you're doing is driving round the problem of your clutch not being up to the job.

Love a debate l
If you think how you drive can determine whether a clutch slips or not then you're wrong - once a clutch is engaged it can only slip if the torque it's trying to transmit overcomes its clamping force.
If you can use all the available power of your van in all circumstances and get zero slip then your clutch is doing a great job not you. If you can't use all the available power in all circumstances without getting slip then all you're doing is driving round the problem of your clutch not being up to the job.
Exactly.

Of course I know how to drive in the snow I just fit my snow tyres that's pretty basic stuff to be fair, about the other point I drive it having had it on a dyno and knowing where it makes power and torque and when to change gear at the optimum point, I did win an ice driving rally in Jukkasjarvi in temps as low as -35 back in 2011 with a load of journos don't ya know....I was on studded tyres to be fair ;)

Of course I know how to drive in the snow I just fit my snow tyres that's pretty basic stuff to be fair, about the other point I drive it having had it on a dyno and knowing where it makes power and torque and when to change gear at the optimum point, I did win an ice driving rally in Jukkasjarvi in temps as low as -35 back in 2011 with a load of journos don't ya know....I was on studded tyres to be fair ;)
cool story bro...

Back