Travelin-Lite Puddle / Courtsey lights issue

SpaceMonkey

Hey all,

I hope there’s someone out there who’s a bit of a sparky, as I’m pulling my hair out lol. I’ve recently fitted led bulb replacements for the reading lights and some LED footwell lights, all without problem. However I recently fitted some puddle / courtsey wing mirror LEDs from Travelin-Lite and now I’m having the following issues:

- when the van is unlocked / locked, the interior lights don’t fade out anymore, they just burst on or off
- when unlocked, all the interior lights now stay on, even when the engine is started and van is moving (this includes the footwell lights, puddle lights, map reading lights and lights in the back).
- when locked, the puddle light LEDs remain on (just slightly dimmer).

I’ve disconnected the puddle lights for now and it’s gone back to normal, but I’d like to get them working.. any ideas?

They provide bullet connectors to extend the wiring to the existing power supply to the reading / interior lights, for which it supplies a twisting / piercing cable splitter to get the power for the LEDs. I found the bullet connectors temperamental, so I’ve used Wago connectors instead, but I’m still having the same issues.

19E85675-16B5-491C-BF14-BB6AB66567C4.jpeg

Did you get this sorted? I imagine you just have one of the wires wrong?

This is how I did mine:

New light Red --> Red-black wire
New light Black --> Red-brown wire
IMG_4035_jpeg.jpg

IMG_4036_jpeg.jpg

Back