Travelin-Lite T5.1 Auto Light Switch Question

AaronMc

Evening All!

I have just fitted the Travelin-Lite Auto Light Switch to my T5.1 which all works as should in all positions and is a direct replacement with no coding needed.

My only issue is when exiting the van, it beeps to tell me to turn off my lights, when in the Auto Position as if I have left them on.

Has anyone else had one and come across this and is there a way to stop it?

Have you tried asking Travelin-Lite? I would think there is a circuit that just needs to be physically disconnected withing the switch.

That is just a consequence of how the switch works and there is nothing you can do to stop it (apart from turning it off auto).

I think it even mentioned it in the instructions that came with the switch somewhere.

I have the same van, same switch, same behaviour.

I am now used to it and barely pay it any attention but I think it only makes the noise when the lights are on for either coming or leaving home (so dark outside). If they are on auto, but aren’t on (daylight), am fairly sure it doesn’t. Could be wrong…

So the van is just doing what it should do because the lights really are on, and it doesn’t know your auto lights are in control and will turn them off after the timeout.

Hopefully you will also start tuning it out after a week or two :)

Last edited:
Reactions: mmi
Have you tried asking Travelin-Lite? I would think there is a circuit that just needs to be physically disconnected withing the switch.
I did ask them but they said they would look into it and let me know, haven’t heard back since.

That is just a consequence of how the switch works and there is nothing you can do to stop it (apart from turning it off auto).

I think it even mentioned it in the instructions that came with the switch somewhere.

I have the same van, same switch, same behaviour.

I am now used to it and barely pay it any attention but I think it only makes the noise when the lights are on for either coming or leaving home (so dark outside). If they are on auto, but aren’t on (daylight), am fairly sure it doesn’t. Could be wrong…

So the van is just doing what it should do because the lights really are on, and it doesn’t know your auto lights are in control and will turn them off after the timeout.

Hopefully you will also start tuning it out after a week or two :)
Thanks for your response. I thought it would just be a case of dealing with it which i’m fine with, just was curious if it was an easy fix or not.

I think you are right about it only doing it when they are on though. I’d still much rather have the auto lights than not so it’s something I can happily put up with.

Thanks again!

Back