Travelin-Lite DRL Headlights

4ndy

T6 Pro
Pleased to say that the DRL head lights arrived within the 1 hr slot that Elliot gave me over the phone Yesterday afternoon. Within an hour the old lights were off (bumper off - dry run yesterday) and the new units fitted.
No warning lights, so canbus error free
20180126_165733[1].jpg 20180126_165808[1].jpg

Very impressed :smile bounce:

Well played @4ndy good bit of work there. Folks now need some nighttime before and after shots of illumination levels.

Good pics. Thanks for sharing.

Are your drl’s in the lower grill genuine VW ones?

Looks like a yellow ish light or is this just the photos?

Same as Transporter HQ's ?
I recon they are the same units tubs.
Also, not sure if any other supplier is offering the addition harness that Travlin-Lite are sending out to resolve the dip to full beam issue.

Good pics. Thanks for sharing.

Are your drl’s in the lower grill genuine VW ones?

Looks like a yellow ish light or is this just the photos?
@T6dder Yes the lower bumper drl's are genuine VW units which are bright white. My S7 couldnt take a picture witout putting a yellow ish tint on the photo :(

I recon they are the same units tubs.
Also, not sure if any other supplier is offering the addition harness that Travlin-Lite are sending out to resolve the dip to full beam issue.
Yes transpoterhq are planning on making the harness available too.

One benefit of travelinlite is they include Phillips 130% bulbs.

Also if you want the chrome version, I believe they are only available through TransporterHQ

Well, mine are on. Christ getting the front bumper off for the first time is a bit of a bloody chore!!
Took longer than expected but I spent time sorting the wiring out and I just wanted to take my time and not balls up my first attempt.

First impressions are:
The colour of the light is great.
The light certainly appears brighter than the OEM H4 units even with the updated bulbs I had.
One of the biggest differences is the amount of light spread accoss the road, rather than just the two small patches the old units used to emit. dont feel like I was straining as much to see the road surface.
I've got a bit of focusing to do on the lights just to sync them nicely but so far I'm very pleased with the upgrade.
Will report back after a few more excursions in the dark.

IMG_9548.JPG IMG_9552.JPG IMG_9560.JPG IMG_9562.JPG

Wiring as they arrived. Not very nice and certainly not stayin that way!
IMG_9481.JPG

Spent some time tidying the wiring up.
IMG_9554.JPG

Also used a water repellent gel in this terminal prior to sealin it with heatshrink to prevent any nasty corrosion.
IMG_9555.JPG

Back