Traction Control - ESC/ASR & HDA switch retrofit

Depends on cable route, the factory OE wiring route comes out low down on the Ebox near the front (under the engine fusebox) and sweeps around from the front direction and goes back to the controller/connection
I removed the lid and followed the same route

Depends on cable route, the factory OE wiring route comes out low down on the Ebox near the front (under the engine fusebox) and sweeps around from the front direction and goes back to the controller/connection
I removed the lid and followed the same route

OK Understood.... any other tips?lol

Disconnect and remove fuel filter for extra access then you can bring the plug forwards to gain some slack on the wiring for access to pins

Disconnect and remove fuel filter for extra access then you can bring the plug forwards to gain some slack on the wiring for access to pins
THANKS id really appreciate exact wiring info for hDA button,
van already has a traction control button as its a 4 motion

could you tell me exactly what i need to wire??

THANKS id really appreciate exact wiring info for hDA button,
van already has a traction control button as its a 4 motion

could you tell me exactly what i need to wire??
Wire your switch according to this diagram.
and then apply coding modification to your ABS unit.

EDIT:
Let me know if you need higher resolution version ;)

Sooo

am i right in thinking

pin 2 to pin 14
Pin 5 to pin 8
Pin 3 illumination
Pin 4 12v
Pin 1 and 6 earth
Don't bother wiring pins 1 and 2 on your new hill descent switch cause that light won't work anyway. Instrument cluster light will work for you instead (via CAN).

Reactions: mmi
That would be great, thanks for the advice. Although I haven’t got a clue how to do the mod, is there anyone local to bath/Bristol that would like to do it? Or local to Aylesbury? More than happy to pay to get it done. Thanks

I've done a few of these switches now as they are needed when testing tyres, worst but is pulling dash apart to fit the switch, I've not followed what others have been doing regarding wiring but I just run my wires though the bulkhead by the A/C drain and plug it into the ABS module,

Is there anyway to turn the TC off on the 6.1's?

Mines pretty good in the snow, but either the stability or TC will kick back in when it notices any rotation through the vehicle which is pretty frustrating.

The rear comes around nicely initially and then cuts all the power and feels like it's applying the brakes

I’ve also tried the method above in Robert’s post(hazard lights plus 5 times on the acceleration pedal) and it works just fine.

Back