Spirited driving in the snow!!!

rod_vw

VIP Member
T6 Legend
I found this on another forum (please excuse the English, the writer is French also translate 'e-brake' to handbrake) ...

"So I just went for a test with the T6 on a dirt road with the ABS, esc, disconnected by putting 01 at the end off the long code and now it's finally nice to drive.
I can pass curves sideways drifting on the dirt with no interference from traction control.
I try to pull e-brake to take some tight curves and it's also finally reacting naturally ( opposed as with esc on where it doesn't want to turn with e-brake).
So i think, like that it will work perfect for the winter where I live in the french alps.
I'm fifty year's old and in the winter the e-brake turning on snow and left foot brake have save me so many time when having spirited drive on snow/ice on my 34 year's of snow driving.
Last week I went up to the alp's and in every tight curve driving fast it was breaking before me and when I want to go WOT at the apex their is no power until wheel's are straight.
My van is on OZ ultaleggera 19' with 4 michelin PSS 255/40 and KW V3 coilover's and at the moment it's making 280hp and 420Nm on OEM turbo waiting to fit a LOBA LOCO-04 turbo to get some real power.

Before that T6 I had a T5 V6 3.2 24Valve 4motion with schrick cam's, supercharger, AWIC, Methanol injection... running with E85 making 450 Horse power. On that old T5 when I pressed the asr switch it will also disconnect the ESC. that was great.
Could enjoy driving sideways on snow and a bit fo drift on dry B roads
That's what I would like to be able to do with the coding, having ESC/ASR disable when I pressing ASR switch
Because at the moment it's so frustrating when you arrive full speed in a curve and that you want to brake at last moment to have a good weight transfer to front to initiate a bit of drift and then go WOT at apex but the esc decide to brake before you!
So at the end it's not you who is driving and you get super slow compare to what you are used to.

My Esc have nothing wrong it's just that VW set it up for people who don't enjoy driving or don't know.
At the moment it's not even possible to have 5 degree of oversteer on snow without having the ESC kick in to put it back straight so if you are used to drive with some drift to initiate curve the ESC can then become dangerous because it will open your trajectory.
So the solution I find now is not perfect but so much better for me than OEM."

You can pick up the complete thread on the Ross-Tech 'Tweaks' Forum

Enjoy another owner's view of enjoyment in a T6!!:D

I found this on another forum (please excuse the English, the writer is French also translate 'e-brake' to handbrake) ...

"So I just went for a test with the T6 on a dirt road with the ABS, esc, disconnected by putting 01 at the end off the long code and now it's finally nice to drive.
I can pass curves sideways drifting on the dirt with no interference from traction control.
I try to pull e-brake to take some tight curves and it's also finally reacting naturally ( opposed as with esc on where it doesn't want to turn with e-brake).
So i think, like that it will work perfect for the winter where I live in the french alps.
I'm fifty year's old and in the winter the e-brake turning on snow and left foot brake have save me so many time when having spirited drive on snow/ice on my 34 year's of snow driving.
Last week I went up to the alp's and in every tight curve driving fast it was breaking before me and when I want to go WOT at the apex their is no power until wheel's are straight.
My van is on OZ ultaleggera 19' with 4 michelin PSS 255/40 and KW V3 coilover's and at the moment it's making 280hp and 420Nm on OEM turbo waiting to fit a LOBA LOCO-04 turbo to get some real power.

Before that T6 I had a T5 V6 3.2 24Valve 4motion with schrick cam's, supercharger, AWIC, Methanol injection... running with E85 making 450 Horse power. On that old T5 when I pressed the asr switch it will also disconnect the ESC. that was great.
Could enjoy driving sideways on snow and a bit fo drift on dry B roads
That's what I would like to be able to do with the coding, having ESC/ASR disable when I pressing ASR switch
Because at the moment it's so frustrating when you arrive full speed in a curve and that you want to brake at last moment to have a good weight transfer to front to initiate a bit of drift and then go WOT at apex but the esc decide to brake before you!
So at the end it's not you who is driving and you get super slow compare to what you are used to.

My Esc have nothing wrong it's just that VW set it up for people who don't enjoy driving or don't know.
At the moment it's not even possible to have 5 degree of oversteer on snow without having the ESC kick in to put it back straight so if you are used to drive with some drift to initiate curve the ESC can then become dangerous because it will open your trajectory.
So the solution I find now is not perfect but so much better for me than OEM."

You can pick up the complete thread on the Ross-Tech 'Tweaks' Forum

Enjoy another owner's view of enjoyment in a T6!!:D
Nice write up @Mars2 :thumbsup:
Do you drink Red Bull spiked with Absinth + wormwood:geek::confused::sleep::sneaky::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:, by any chance?
Interesting that you have KW V3 coilers. If I didn't haves DCC, I think that would be the suspension I would opt for (if not VB Full 4C Air).
They are a bit more money that Billies but they do seem popular on the continent.
Can't think of any one on this forum who has ever mentioned having had it fitted before.

Easier to do the basic setting of steering angle sensor but with wheel turned keeps abs and brake bias that way but esp is off then reset it when you have finished cocking about

Back